Old Macintosh SE FDHD: Should I buy?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by LucasLand, Sep 29, 2003.

1. LucasLand macrumors 6502a

LucasLand

My apartment manager likes to collect old junk and sell the stuff at his tag sales. Today i was in his storage room talking to him when i noticed he has an old Macintosh SE FDHD sitting on the table. I inquired about it and he said it works fine. he said an old tenant left it behind when they moved. He said i could buy for ten bucks. Should I buy it? How much are they worth? I was thinking it would be neat to also own a vintage apple computer.

2. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

Well it's not going to stand to much use but $10 isn't exactly a big amount in the grand scheme of things so if you want it, get it.

3. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

that's a fine machine... get it, 10 bucks is a very nice price, too...

vSpacken

4. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

for $10 i think you can't go wrong. especially since you expressed desire to have some old-school mac products.

5. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Go for it... Add the max 4mb ram and a 10gig hd and put mac os 7.1 on it. Maybe mod it or leave it as it is....

6. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

leave it as is! My LCIII is staying with 35 megs of hd space. Thats all you need. The think worked better than my performa. Don't mess with a good thing. Be fruitful and multiply. Don't try to kill a fly with a shotgun. Don't drink and drive.

7. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

nah, get the most out of your machine...

I have 128MB RAM, a 9GB HD, and an RJ-45 network card in my SE/30, that machine is THE BOMB..!

try to put a big SCSI drive in there max out the RAM (4 megs are c.h.e.a.p.), get an external CD-rom OR, try to get a working SE/30 board...

for more info on what you can do with your machine, try here

vSpacken