Old Mags

Discussion in 'Games' started by greatdevourer, Jan 3, 2006.

1. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

When I was getting my PSX out after about 3 years (finally got a composite cable for it - w00t!), I found with it a number of cheat books, walkthroughs and copies of PlayStation Power from mid 2000 to early 2001. In these magazines, I found some interesting... er... finds. They included, amidst the usual crap, a "Free Revolutionary Memory Device!" (a Logitech Smart Card reader and 2 cards. Does anyone else have one of these? I got Prince Naseem Boxing and some dinosaur one that is T*rest of word goes here* 2), and some screenshots of Resident Evil 4 - the game that took 4 years, 3 producers, too many storylines to count and created an entire other series (Devil May Cry was meant to be RE4, but the gameplay and story weren't "Resi enough", so they changed the names and released it as DMC), and thus looks and plays completely different (according to the article, it was going to be set in the ruins of Raccoon City, and there was going to be an evolution of Nemisis to battle - glad it wasn't like that, as they were getting repetitive)

Anyone else got any good finds from old game mags?

2. Lincoln 6 Echo macrumors member

I've got a tonne of old gaming mags. More than I know what to do with, besides throw them out. I even have The Official DreamCast Magazine #1:rolleyes: . The good finds I could pull up would be astronimical :eek:

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

i keep all of the old mags so when im bored i can trip on the old stuff.

Silent Hill 4 Ever!

Bless

4. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

I like keeping a few old mags around. Espically the ones that tout the ultimate *fill-in-the-blank* system for the year. It is always worth a chuckle to see the best gaming system has a 19" CRT and 128 Meg of RAM...

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm quite the hoarder of magazines so I've got a big stockpile in my wardrobe. The oldest are PC gaming mags from 1993 that were donated to my dad for no reason, but my magazines are from 1994-1998. I cant really thing of anything in them without getting them out again... but in a PC magazine they spoke about "first images of a commercial 2 button mouse" :eek: was very funny. has a bullet point list of extra unannounced features they have, such as collecting skin samples between buttons.

My gran unfortunately sold a load of my mags by accident at a carboot sale. a whole load of CU Amiga mags that spoke about a 300mb HDD, level codes for Superfrog and the Amiga CD system.

I get more entertainment reading old mags than the new ones.