Old Navy commercial

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Butler Trumpet, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Butler Trumpet macrumors 6502

Butler Trumpet

Have you seen the new old navy commercial? it has like 50 iMacs in it... I just thought that that was cool... go old navy for getting with it. oh and my girlfriend is going to buy an iPod soon.... someday she will be a mac user, but as for now, its a start :)

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I could never date a Windows user.

No wait, I retract that statement. I can date a girl who doesn't know much about computers and uses Windows because she doesn't know the alternatives and doesn't care, but I can't date a girl who actually knows about electronics and computers, and yet chooses to use Windows.

And Old Navy commercials suck. I know they're supposed to look like ol' school and the acting is supposed to be bad, but Old Navy just takes it too far. And the Fran Drescher ones made me jealous of the deaf.

3. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    i wonder if they made a deal with apple and who approached who

4. Butler Trumpet thread starter macrumors 6502

Butler Trumpet

yeah... before we started dating... she didnt know about apple... now she does, and she loves it. but being in college restricts her from switching yet.

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I actually enjoy listening to Fran Drescher. Her accent makes her stand out.

I haven't seen thsi commercial. Does anyone have a link or video of the commercial?

6. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

It's not her voice that makes Fran Drescher stand out :D :D

My wife shot an elbow to my ribs when I pointed out all the iMac's
    (G4 variety) in that commercial. C'mon Old Navy, where were the G5's?!

7. big macrumors 65816

big

Speaking of TV.... I love that Hardee's commercial, the one with the girl riding the mechanical Bull, no macs.. but its still sweet!

8. Apple Hobo macrumors 6502a

Apple Hobo

I was surprised at all the iMacs in that commercial. They even showed the office workers using OS X. :D You always see computers in commercials, but they never show the OS.

Has anyone seen an Acura(?) car commercial that shows two G4 towers sitting under a desk? Macs look good and people know it. ;)

9. 12ibookg4 macrumors regular

what do you guys think about companies that use macs in their commercials but the product that they are pushing doesn't work on macs (w/o virtual pc)

example 1: Burger King commercial with guy who whoppers up to his ear and says a genre of music and then his opinion on it and then a guy says, "hey i like boybands, you whopper-head" BK and AOL are offering free music downloads when you buy some whoppers. When they show someone using the store they are on a 15in powerbook but the glowing apple is covered by an aol running man.

example 2: (also AOL) in a commercial for their anti-virus program when the two guys dressed in heat-proof suits (like when scientists go near a volcano) show up at this woman's house to get ride of the viruses on her computer, they show a screen shot of AOL's site and their is a blue toliet seat ibook getting virus scanned.

example 3: in a commercial for GoToMyPC they show a woman sitting at a 12in powerbook accessing her files at work using GoToMyPC. It's obvious that its an apple but they show the screen and the keyboard and there is a windows desktop.

Anyone else seen these? Is this false advertising?

10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I HATE when that happens. Its not like some companies are legally obliged to use a WinPC in their commercial, especially when they're trying to show you a computer with their internet site on the screen or something. Why not just show people a Mac instead of a Mac using Windows or something? An advert using a Mac and OSX is probably more unique than one using WinXP.

11. adiliegro macrumors newbie

I ht a glimpse of the Will and Grace commercial tonight and on a desk sat a G5 iMac. Thiught it was oretty cool to see that iMac sitting there.

12. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

In the last case, GoToMyPC does work on a Mac and shows a Virtual Desktop of the PC you are using.
    I don't mind seeing Macs in commercials, it's like playing where's Waldo. I drive my wife nuts doing this.

13. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

I do the same thing with my friends, they get pretty annoyed

If you watch The Recruit, there is a part where they are using a Dell, but when you see the desktop, it's not Windows, just some generic OS. But later in the movie, you see Colin Farrel working on his Mac, showing OS X