Old Safari homepage redirecting

Discussion in 'Community' started by tech4all, Jan 13, 2005.

1. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

For some reason when I go to apple.netscape.com/apple.adp, it does some funny redirecting, then Safari gives me a message, and I never get to the page. This used to be the homepage in Safari and still is for me (not sure why, although I did manually input into the prefrences). Anyways, can anyone get to that site?

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Nope - the pages refer to each other cyclicly, so you go from one to the other back to the first, then repeat. Error on their part.

3. tech4all thread starter macrumors 68040

tech4all

4. slightly macrumors regular

slightly

If you clear out your Netscape cookies, you'll be able to get to the main Netscape.com site, but it seems that the Apple/Netscape joint portal is gone. There's an amazing number of people on the Apple Discussion boards who seem to be stricken with immeasurable grief and confusion at this turn of events, and who don't seem to realise that they can just choose a new home page.

5. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

I wasn't unhappy with my old home page. Not impressed by it, but I'm not at all happy that I can't rely on Safari starting up and being able to get to a homepage.

That's kind of amatuer. Getting to the hompage is browser basics isn't it?

P.S.

the homepage Apple tried to get me to go to is retarded. If I wanted that I could have set my browser to go straight to the Apple Store. This whole problem is beyond stupid. Just give me a decent homepage. Even M$ can do that. Tame your marketers Apple.

6. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I couldn't agree more. The Apple Start Page is pretty lame. I haven't thought of something better to set my home page to, so perhaps it has some merit...

7. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

What those guys said. That's not an Apple start page, that's just one big advertisement.

8. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I have mine set to MacBytes :)

9. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

You could try dumping your Netscape cookies, then going to www.netscape.com. Same page as before, just without all the nifty Apple information. :(

10. 18thTomorrow macrumors 6502

yeah, that one bothered me too. It actually changed like a month ago...maybe more. Changed my homepage...got over it. Life goes on.

11. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Mine's set to the SB emails section of Homestar:rolleyes:

Scroll buttons and the lappy together at last... :p :D

12. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Thank you, much appreciated, that worked perfectly. I couldn't think of another homepage anyway.