old school shareware games

Discussion in 'Games' started by phreakout13, Jan 6, 2004.

1. phreakout13 macrumors 6502

phreakout13

Hi
    I have an old CD rom called 1000 games. It has about 1000 li'l shareware demos and such. My favorite mac game right now is Starcraft. Me and my peeps love it. Just thought I'd let everyone know.

2. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

Starcraft is not shareware. It's a part of a whole series from Blizzard Entertainment (makers of Warcraft III, Diablo II, etc.).

3. phreakout13 thread starter macrumors 6502

phreakout13

oops. I should have explained better. My mistake. Sorry.

4. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

lol No problem. I just wanted to let you know that since it's not shareware you can get buy the full version and the expansion for $20 today in a pack. It's a very fun game!

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I remember getting the shareware version of Starcraft all those years ago, it was almost unheard of to have a 170 MB shareware game!

I bought the full version shortly after, when I found it for cheap on eBay. I think that was the first and last time I used eBay (a local site called Trade Me sprung up shortly afterwards).

6. jeff.macaddict macrumors regular

I have starcraft+expansion, diablo+expansion, diablo 2+expanision, warcraft 2+expansion, warcraft 3+expansion.

All gotten off file sharing p2p, of course :D

I love these games. Not to in depth, but great for hours. Like in high school on my powerbook G4 :D

7. crazytom macrumors 6502a

crazytom

A cool remake...

I'm sure this has been posted somewhere around here before, but if you liked Choplifter, Chopper is a great remake!