Old Sidetrack; New RAM; Bad Idea

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kakapo, Mar 23, 2007.

1. kakapo macrumors member

Oct 25, 2004
    Boston Metro
    so, i finally got a 1GB stick for my iBook but was disappointed to find that it completely prevented it from booting. none of the standard remedies (resetting PRAM, PMU, etc.) worked. OWC was great about it and swapped the stick for a new one. the new one allowed boot up, was recognized but then the computer froze upon trying to execute the first app. after a hard shutdown, it was in the same state as with the previous RAM. after some soul (hard disk) searching, i decided the only app that i added that could be causing a problem was an old (expired) beta of Sidetrack. since removing it, i haven't had any problems at all w/ the new RAM.

so, the point of this is, i'd like to get the real version of sidetrack, but i'm a little leery. my forum search turned up a lot of posts about early versions of sidetrack and "wake from sleep" problems but nothing about conflict with certain brands/sizes/something of RAM. anyone have similar experience w/ an early version but find it okay w/ the current version?

thanks much,
  2. CaptainHaddock macrumors 6502

Jul 6, 2004
    Nagoya, Japan
    I was using it about two years ago, but it seemed to cause occasional kernel panics on my iBook.