Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

California

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 21, 2004
I've got an old tibook 400mhz that I love because Apple replaced just about everything on it -- hd, logic board, top case, keyboard, bottom case, etc., right before it ran out of warranty a few months ago. I put 1 gig of memory in it and a new Hitachi 5400 40gig hd and usb enclosed the new Apple 10gig drive. I was going to upgrade the CPU at Daystar to 550 but just not worth the trip.

Anyway, I am doing a lot of in person interviews for work and am SICK of the little microcassette recording situation I have.

I tried to use some audio transcription program I bought at Frys "Via Voice" but got nowhere.

Do you guys know of any microphone recording set up I can plug into the tibook and use it as an audio recorder? Would make life a LOT easier for me! Thanks in advance.

alex_ant

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2002
All up in your bidness
Your TiBook doesn't have an audio input, so you would need to get something like the Griffin iMic, which costs $40, and then get a cheap little PC microphone to plug into that. On the software side, any audio recording software will do - Sound Recorder X, Sound Studio, I think even iMovie would work to record audio...

None of this is speech-to-text software like ViaVoice is, but it will get sound into your computer and let you save it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.