Older Adventure/Action games?

Discussion in 'Games' started by mrgreen4242, Mar 10, 2006.

1. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

Feb 10, 2004
    Well, I have some travel coming up (both work and personal) and since I sold my GBA (I needed the cash for a new iPod, and figured I'd want a DS eventually anyways) I was thinking I'd see if I can find games that might work on my newly acquired 250mhz Wallstreet (384mb RAM, OSX.3). [Well, I haven't actually acquired it yet, it's in the mail :p].

Anyways, my favorite games are the old LucasArts and Seirra adventure games and I plan to see if SCUMMVM and Serian might run on this old thing (any one try it on something this slow before?), but was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions?

Anything else in the same vein as these classics that might work? How about any other decent action RPG type games? Diablo II style stuff perhaps?

Thanks for any recommendations!
  2. stonyc macrumors 65816

Feb 15, 2005
    Oooooh, I loved those adventure-style games... especially the Indiana Jones ones.
  3. RacerX macrumors 65832

Aug 2, 2004
    Oddly, some of the older games I really like I can't play on my Wallstreet. The main problem I've run up against was Mac OS X ports of these games not recognizing my Wallstreet's video mode.

That having been said, it has been a couple years since the last time I tried. I just resigned to the fact that my PowerBook is for work and my other systems are for play. But if you have any success... please post about them. I would love to have a little distraction on this system.
  4. mrgreen4242 thread starter macrumors 601

Feb 10, 2004
    What kind of Wallstreet do you have? What OS were you/are you running on it? I wasn't planning on playing games with this machine originally, I just wanted something to get online with and present the occational PowerPoint presentation with... and maybe work on some Excel/Word files, too, I suppose.

I am going to try a few things... SCUMMVM and Serian first off... then I think I am going to see about an old copy of SimCity (haven't played that since... well SNES days at least!), maybe the early Age of Empires games (I think AoE II came out about the same time as the Wallstreet was out), and then I'll have to actually start looking for adventure games.

Hopefully SCUMM/Sarien will pan out. There are a few of those games I haven't played yet. Mainly, Sam and Max! I know I know, it's shamefull. I've played all of the Space Quest and Monkey Island games, though, so I'm not THAT bad. :D

I do want to play the Kings Quest games, Sam and Max, and replay DOTT and MM (it's been a long long time for those two, so I probably have forgotted it all). That should keep me busy, espcially if I can find a strategy game or SimCity varient that will work ok for me.