Older Powerbook Fan Frequency

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iDM, Jan 16, 2006.

1. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    Hello everyone, recently while doing everyday tasks I have noticed my PowerBook Fans have been coming on constantly. I have had this machine for over two years now and under all kind of conditions both hot and cold my machine has never had ran the fan as much as it is right now. I have kept my usage of programs to minimum and can remember times where I have ran more programs while doing more tasks and still my fan has not run as much as it is now.

A program called "java"(i know what java is but i don't know why it is running at 80% of my CPU) has been using anywhere between 50% to 80% of my CPU. I remember before getting my extra gig of ram I kept an eye on my Activity Monitor and I remember the programs Safari and "kernal" taking up the most CPU and Ram but now for whatever reason "Java" seems to be hogging all of CPU! If anyone could tell me what would reduce this or what is causing it please let me know. I am currently running Mail, Safari, Acquisition, iTunes and Activity Monitor.

Here is a screenshot of the relevant screens. I am only concerned since this is my main and only computer so this increase in fan frequency is getting me nervous with an "older" machine.

Attached Files:

2. discoforce macrumors 6502a

discoforce

Scary (especially because I have the same powerbook :eek: )

What happens if you "quit process" ?