Olive Tree BibleReader update bypasses App Store limitatation

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by icewing, Nov 20, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

Today's update of the BibleReader software now lets you consolidate your bibles, instead of having different apps for each one you've bought & downloaded.

In the new version, push the Library button at the top left to see a list of your bible translations. From this screen, press the "My Account" button at the BOTTOM RIGHT. This shows you a list of other titles available from their site, and if you've already bought one you can download it free. Now it will show up in your Library with all the other translations.

After that you can delete the separate version you downloaded directly from the App Store.

This bodes well for Apple working with other developers to get past other "dull" issues.

2. macrumors member

It's a miracle!

3. macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

Was that an App store limitation or just the way the App's were programmed?

4. macrumors 65816

I don't think Apple allows developers to have stores/etc in their apps.

5. macrumors 6502

praise his holy name amen jesus i believe!

(A+ comment btw, I loled)

6. macrumors 603

kas23

Fan-friggin-tastic!

Anyone notice how all the Bible apps are amongst the most expensive apps in the app store? Whatever happened to giving Bibles away for free?

7. macrumors member

Genius idea: make an app that is BOTH a bible reader AND a menstrual calendar. You'll make a mint, and corner the market of the other 40 entries! Do it using the GTD metaphor and you'll even get frontpaged on lifehacker.