Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcmillan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
...well who doesn't these days?

3855069868.jpg

[EDIT] By the way this is a picture from the Germany vs. Argentina game last Friday.

mcmillan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
satty said:
Who cares?

So many people have iPods nowadays, even the Pope(!), it's nothing worth to mention at all anymore. It's nearly like having a pair of underwear :D
He he I know, but it's also weird, in such an important match, he's probably very stressed, while he is dreaming to play, while the cameras are aiming at him, he just puts on his white microphones and relaxes. That's the iPod revolution. :cool:

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
mcmillan said:
He he I know, but it's also weird, in such an important match, he's probably very stressed, while he is dreaming to play, while the cameras are aiming at him, he just puts on his white microphones and relaxes. That's the iPod revolution. :cool:
It's not that uncommon a sight. There's a boxer (whose name escapes me) who has an MP3 player on his way into the ring to help block out distractions, and I'm sure there's a tennis player (whose name also escapes me) who wears one during breaks to aid their concentration and focus. And back to football, in any shot where you see players arriving at the stadium and getting off the team bus you'll see a lot of white ear buds.

Of course, Oliver could have a radio tuner attachment and he's just listening to the commentary. :p

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Jaffa Cake said:
Depends on the underwear and who's wearing it. ;)

grr, you got there before me :p

I've seen some fancy underwear in my day. though nothing beats the Elvis with LEDs sown in. magical.

mcmillan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
satty said:
As I said... the pope might be a very interesting person regarding the underwear :)
I usually dislike thinking about the pope's undies, so can we change the subject :p ?

satty

macrumors 6502
mcmillan said:
I usually dislike thinking about the pope's undies, so can we change the subject :p ?

The pope's undies might be much more thrilling as you could ever think :D
Try to think outside of the usual...

I cannot believe we are talking about the pope's underwear after the thread started a couple of posts ago with Kahn's iPod.

AJ Muni

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2005
Miami
He's Probably listening to David Hasselhoff..I heard he's big in germany. BTW, if you guys wanna see the BEST WORST VIDEO EVER, Click here... It's the video for his single...

Dirk Nowitzki was getting laughed at so much here in Miami 2 weeks ago during the NBA Finals, Because he said he sings that song while shooting free throws to calm him down. The radio stations were all over him, laughing and cracking jokes because they (and I) couldnt believe he listens to that crap.

The station made these to bother him during the game...guess it worked..

Attachments

• phpThumb.php.jpg
    phpThumb.php.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 61

satty

macrumors 6502
AJ Muni said:
He's Probably listening to David Hasselhoff..I heard he's big in germany. BTW, if you guys wanna see the BEST WORST VIDEO EVER, Click here... It's the video for his single...

Please stop this crap... I don't know any Germans that like Hasselhoff and I know lots of people there. It's simply an American urban myth, okay... I am pretty sure the record company bought all the CD, LPs and singles themselves :cool:

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
killuminati said:
what the hell is that thing on the left?

it looks like a wetsuit.
It's underwear... long, wool underpants... not the most comfortable to wear, and definitively not something to wear for social events, but very nice to have on when it's very, very cold... ;)

Although I did ski for a whole day on Geilo once, wearing just a pair like those and a big baggy sweater, back in the mid-80s, just for the h*** of it... :D

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
satty said:
Please stop this crap... I don't know any Germans that like Hasselhoff and I know lots of people there. It's simply an American urban myth, okay... I am pretty sure the record company bought all the CD, LPs and singles themselves :cool:
Well, you get almost twice as many hits (pun intended) searching for David Hasselhoff in the category Music on Amazon.de than on Amazon.co.uk and about 4 times more than on Amazon.com... ;)

satty

macrumors 6502
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
Well, you get almost twice as many hits (pun intended) searching for David Hasselhoff in the category Music on Amazon.de than on Amazon.co.uk and about 4 times more than on Amazon.com... ;)

This was/is a broad attack on the German culture including so many famous, we can nearly use the term "glorious", musicians: Richard Wagner, Richard Strauss, Ludwig van Beethoven, Johan Sebastian Bach... just to name a view. Of course the German enemies had/have to undermine this legacy with a complete foreign nitwit.

Don't take it too serious :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.