Olloclip Creates Photo App to Complement Its 3-in-1 Lens Accessory

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 28, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Olloclip has released an official iPhone app to go with its popular 3-in-1 lens adapter.

It includes a number of shooting modes that can enhance or fix the distortions the Olloclip's lenses cause, as well as make it easier to shoot photos and video by manually controlling both exposure and focus.
    [​IMG]
    Olloclip is a free download for the iPhone. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Olloclip Creates Photo App to Complement Its 3-in-1 Lens Accessory

2. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Makes me want a Olloclip even more now.

3. macrumors 68000

Parasprite

I ought to get one just for the macro lens, the iPhone has a great camera for general use but it is really hit-or-miss with close-up shots.

In fact, it was good enough to replace my Rebel XS*!

*Disclaimer: I mean that a cell phone's camera is finally not too crappy to replace most of that functionality for me. I got bored of trying to be an serious photographer long before I got an iPhone so it was really just overkill.

4. macrumors 6502a

There was already an app that did this called OlloCorrect, but OlloClip forced them to remove it from the App Store. I love my OlloClip but I'm not keen on the companies tactics.
    http://www.hilolens.com/OlloCorrect/

5. macrumors regular

Wow 70 bucks seems steep for this.. Anyone has experience with it? What is the 35mm equivalent focal length of the wide angle lens?

6. macrumors regular

There are much cheaper copies from China. I've got both. My advice -- start with the cheaper ones. You're probably not expecting Leica Summilux quality anyway.

7. macrumors 65816