Olympia Typewriters--Help?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JohnEZ, Mar 19, 2006.

1. JohnEZ macrumors member

Aug 14, 2005
    Hi all!

I'm having trouble searching for something (again) I figured I'd see if any one of you knew the answer to my problems.

Somewhere around 40 years ago, my grandfather gave my grandmother an Olympia typewriter. It is a nice typewriter, actually. But anyway, the fact of the matter is that we cannot seem to find a contact for Olympia, and the ribbon is in need of replacing. I know that Olympia still exists, because I have a typewriter from them, and see them for sale at Staples a lot.

I've done a google search and can't find a thing. Does anyone happen to have a phone number for Olympia?

PS. I would normally say "Get a Mac" to this, as it really would solve her problems. Except for the fact the she is so reluctant to try anything new, that any computer would just be a waste, unfortunately, and that there is a sentimental value to the typewriter... my grandfather has since passed on.
  2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    Searching Google for "Olympia typewriters" brought over 100,000 results. You might try it. :)
  3. JohnEZ thread starter macrumors member

Aug 14, 2005
    Ahh, I do apologize, I should've been clearer. Whenever I search for anything, I like to go to the source, so that maybe they can help me a little moreso than just a regular retailer who wants to sell me something. In saying "yielded no results" I meant "did not yield Olympia themselves, only retailers." The reason I need to go to Olympia is because we haven't an idea what model typewriter it is.

Sorry about that,
  4. alexstein macrumors 6502a

Aug 23, 2004
    I found this website for you. Unfortunately there is only a German Contact maybe they can help you out.

Good Luck!