Olympia Typewriters--Help?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JohnEZ, Mar 19, 2006.

1. JohnEZ macrumors member

Hi all!

I'm having trouble searching for something (again) I figured I'd see if any one of you knew the answer to my problems.

Somewhere around 40 years ago, my grandfather gave my grandmother an Olympia typewriter. It is a nice typewriter, actually. But anyway, the fact of the matter is that we cannot seem to find a contact for Olympia, and the ribbon is in need of replacing. I know that Olympia still exists, because I have a typewriter from them, and see them for sale at Staples a lot.

I've done a google search and can't find a thing. Does anyone happen to have a phone number for Olympia?

Thanks!

PS. I would normally say "Get a Mac" to this, as it really would solve her problems. Except for the fact the she is so reluctant to try anything new, that any computer would just be a waste, unfortunately, and that there is a sentimental value to the typewriter... my grandfather has since passed on.

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Searching Google for "Olympia typewriters" brought over 100,000 results. You might try it. :)

3. JohnEZ thread starter macrumors member

Ahh, I do apologize, I should've been clearer. Whenever I search for anything, I like to go to the source, so that maybe they can help me a little moreso than just a regular retailer who wants to sell me something. In saying "yielded no results" I meant "did not yield Olympia themselves, only retailers." The reason I need to go to Olympia is because we haven't an idea what model typewriter it is.

Sorry about that,
    John

4. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

I found this website for you. Unfortunately there is only a German Contact maybe they can help you out.

LINK

Good Luck!