Olympic 200m final

Discussion in 'Community' started by dobbin, Aug 27, 2004.

1. dobbin macrumors 6502a

dobbin

Did you see/hear the behaviour of the crowd last night at the 200m final? I thought it was disgusting and the Greeks did themsleves no favours in my opinion. They just looked like a bunch of ignorant idiots.

I felt sorry for Crawford and the other two Americans as they couldn't really enjoy the moment as they deserved too. A 1-2-3 in any event is quite amazing.

Apparently Kenterris said afterwards that it (the booing) was the best thing that he's heard for years. I hope that if he is found guilty he never runs competively again. If he is innocent and he does run again, he certainly won't have many friends.

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Miss that. Did they give any reason for it? Sad, though, none the less.

D

3. dobbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

dobbin

Its because the Greek athlete Kenterris who won either a gold or silver 4 years ago 'should' have been in that final. He pulled out of the team after missing a drugs test. The crowd booed and whistled for 5-10 minutes preventing the race from starting. In my opinion it just made the crowd look stupid for blindly supporting an alleged drug cheat.

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I was just reading about that on cnn.com. You don't *miss* a drug test :p Sad really for the Greeks - especially since they probably bought the tickets well before the Olympics started :D

I'd be a little miffed at shelling out the money for an event where I was expecting to see a countryman compete, but not to go so far as to boo the other competitors. But regardless, there was no guarantee that Kenterris would have made it to the finals anyway. Poor form on the part of the Greeks.

D

5. DIO macrumors newbie

Though I wouldn’t shout this pathetic loser’s (and drug user) name (Kenderis) for any reason, do you have any doubt that most of the medal competitors in the athletics are doped? Do you think Greece’s Chalkia came from out of nowhere to win the 400m women final? Do you think that the 1-2-3 of the Americans in 200m is only the outcome of hard training? Or do you think that Bush or the Chinese don’t care about the medal rankings enough to dope their athletes? If yes then think again. The crowd’s booing I the final was just a way to say: Why is Kenderis missing from this dop show?