Olympic Hockey

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by eva01, Feb 4, 2006.

1. eva01 macrumors 601

Feb 22, 2005
    Gah! Plymouth
    So who here is ready for the Olympic Hockey to begin?

6 days till the opening ceremonies.

Who are all of you cheering for?

My favs are Canada and Sweden.

Sakic Vs Forsberg

Although Naslund is being replaced by Lidstrom for team Sweden.

Also no one on Team Canada is going to wear #19, in honor of Stevie Y. Sakic will wear 91.
  2. OutThere macrumors 603

Dec 19, 2002
    Hockey on TV sucks hardcore....hockey is only worthwhile in person. I wish I could go to Turin to see it. I try to make it to a hockey game a week at school, and never, ever, ever watch hockey on TV, though I will Tivo some of the Olympic hockey games, being that it will be seriously good hockey...

I'm really excited to watch some of the games.

Incidentally, 2 people on the USA Women's olympic hockey team graduated from my school. :)
  3. puckhead193 macrumors G3

May 25, 2004
  4. killuminati macrumors 68020

Dec 6, 2004
    I was one of the first people to know that Naslund wouldn't be going to Sweden. :D My mom works out with his wife and she told her that he wouldn't be going a couple days before he announced it.

I can't wait for the olympics to start. The NHL has seemed kind of dull to me over the past few weeks. Olympic hockey is so much more exciting.
  5. killuminati macrumors 68020

Dec 6, 2004
    I'm sooo excited!!! I'm getting up at 3:30 in the morning tomorrow to watch Canada's first game against Italy. I love our team this year, and I'm so excited for the puck to drop!