OMA and WMV files on MPB

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by benjuddeffect, Mar 23, 2006.

1. benjuddeffect macrumors newbie

How's that for a lot of abbreviations!!

Looking for help finding ANY way to play OMA files on my Mactel...

Also looking for a way to play WMV files... Is anything available yet?

Thanks in advance for any advice!!

2. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

WMV files can be played with the QT plugin Flip4Mac, available from the MS website.

I don't know what OMA files are, sorry.

Edit: I just realized there might be a problem because of your Intel Mac, as Flip4Mac might not be universal yet. Look here for more info: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=188521

3. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yep, Flip4Mac will do the trick quite nicely for the WMV files.

As for OMA files, these are music files which are in Sony's ATRAC3 format if I'm not mistaken. I know of no way to play these on a Mac myself...

Edit: Good catch Veldek, I wasn't aware of that thread...

4. benjuddeffect thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks much!

Yeah, thank you for the answer. Got WMV up and running. Shame about OMA files though.

Maybe I should post this on a different forum but one more very basic question...

Is there anyway to change the icon for a folder from your standard folder icon to a specific icon? I looked in the view information tab but didn't see anything like windows has to change icons...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thx

5. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Of course there is, and it's far simpler to do than in Windows (what a surprise). :) You can either use CandyBar to do it (very inexpensive program and well worth it) or you can just cut + paste icons. Select an app, folder, whatever, select Get Info, and then cut + paste the icon of your choice over the existing one. Piece of cake! :cool: