Omaha, NE Village Pointe

Discussion in 'Leopard Event Meetups' started by Saikou, Oct 17, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502

Saikou

Anyone in the Omaha area gonna meet at Village Pointe on the 26th?

I'm gonna try to. I was 4th in line for the iPhone launch at 6pm the night before it was released - it was a lot of fun! Though I don't think i'll be waiting 24 hours for Leopard, more like 2 or 3.

2. macrumors 603

swiftaw

Alas, I'm going to be out of town that day.

3. macrumors 6502a

If there's a MR meetup I might go, and maybe go over to Kona Grill or something and chat, but I won't otherwise, because I'm probably going to buy Leopard from Amazon to save a bit.

(I hear they're giving out free t-shirts! I have one from the grand opening of the VP store.. I wonder if you only get a t-shirt if you buy Leopard. That could be worth the extra MSRP...)

4. macrumors 6502

Hecklerdanny

I thought of going up there, but I'll be in Missouri this weekend. I'm from Sioux City, but the Village Point store is "my" Apple Store. I always eat at the Kona Grill when I'm down there to buy Apple stuff...Good times.

5. macrumors 6502a

Has anyone been to OMUG? I think it's all novices and geriatri--I mean, mature people.. lol. We should start OMRUG, and our meetup place will be Kona grill... mmm sushi and onion rings..

6. macrumors 6502a

I tried to contact omug on multiple occasions and they never got back to me. Whatever. But I will be at VP for the t-shirts:) I think I will bring alot of PC users so I can get extra. I will be the one with the faded "Introducing Longhorn" Tiger shirt on. See ya guys there! OMRUG!

7. macrumors newbie

I'm all about getting a table with everyone at Kona. There is another Mac User group in town, its the Greater Nebraska MUG. I started it two years ago after trying to help modernize the OMUG. We're at www.gnmug.org, I also run the Omaha Linux Users Group. Hopefully I'll see people at Kona Friday.

8. macrumors newbie

Wish I Could Come

I wish I could come but I'm in Colorado so I'll have to get it on Monday when I come back. I wonder if I'll be able to get one of the shirts off eBay or something, I have the one from the opening too.:apple:

9. macrumors regular

I'll be up there around 5:15. I don't get out of work until 4:30 that's why and I work on Offutt AFB. I can't wait!

10. macrumors 6502a

That's so funny, because just this morning I was thinking, "Maybe there's some other MUG in NE..." and then I searched Apple's ever-so-slightly-dated User Groups subsite and found GNMUG. I'm thinking of going, but it's a few weeks 'til the next meeting.

Thanks for letting us know, though! So there are some Omaha lurkers around here... :) (your first post)

11. macrumors newbie

To be honest, I've read Rumors for the longest, and yesterday when I saw the meetup stuff I got on the forums. I swear I'm not trollin' ! I have some meetings until about 4 on Friday then I'm out to VP. Do we wanna meet at Kona or at the Store.

12. macrumors regular

I prefer Cold Stone but it's whatever. Hopefully I don't get out later than 4:30. How many people do you think will be lining up for the release?

13. macrumors 6502a

I hate to be a freebie whore, but now that I know that you don't have to buy Leopard to get the t-shirt, I've got to go get one (I'd buy mine edu, or better, Amazon). I'm off work at 4 and heading up there in lieu of a workout... but I bet there might be a lot of people. Maybe meet at the Apple Store (I assume they're closing it for a bit beforehand?) and get in line to be one of the first 500 and then see if Kona is plausible. But worst case scenario, we wait until 6, get in, spend some time looking at it and all the new Leopard goodies and demos, and then head over to Kona Happy Hour at 7ish.

Should we get little "my [macrumors] name is" badges? ;)

14. macrumors newbie

i can totally have name tags made if everyone here thinks its a good idea. i'm all about having a meet up spot, handing out tags and then getting in line. If we can finalizing the details now (today) I'll post the info the OLUG and GNMUG lists.

15. macrumors regular

Not to sound 'goofy' or anything but I'm excited about Friday. I was going to purchase Leopard off Amazon but I'm a freebie whore. This is my first time going to a release for something of :apple:Apple and I'd like a shirt too!

Badges sound good to me as long as everyone that plans on meeting up is down with it too.

16. macrumors 6502a

ColdStone is good, but it's so tiny and will be packed on a Friday night with soccer moms or teenyboppers. I'm afraid I might not get a t-shirt!

17. macrumors 6502a

double post

18. macrumors newbie

It's always fun. I've gone to MacWorld for years and been a consultant to Apple for the past three years. Apple knows how to cut loose and have fun. I'll be in line with my hacked iPod touch and ready to dork out with everyone else. Should be a good time.

19. macrumors regular

With this release on Friday, how many shirts do you think Apple will freely give away?

Man! I make it sound like I don't have any clothes.:)

20. macrumors 6502a

500 per store... plus all of the employees of the store.. time how many Apple stores are there? :) That's a lot of t-shirts!

Also, I'll wear a nametag!

21. macrumors regular

Oh yeah! Again, I'm down for wearing a nametag.

I really like that WebApp for making your own nametag on the iPhone. But a custom one for Leopard's release will be fun to have too.

22. macrumors newbie

i kinda think that webapp is cool, what all do we want on the tags so i can get my guy at the office to whip up something cool

23. macrumors newbie

I ordered my online from the Apple Store. My order status states it will be delivered on Friday. So... I may not stand in line just for a shirt or maybe I will:)

24. thread starter macrumors 6502

Saikou

This friday is gonna be a lot of fun :) I can't wait to see all of you there.

Think the lines'll be as bad as they were for the iPhone release?

25. macrumors regular

I wasn't there for iDay but was it that bad as other stores across the country?

Were there any people there camping out over night?