Omaha, NE

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by swiftaw, Jan 28, 2006.

1. swiftaw macrumors 603

Jan 31, 2005
    Omaha, NE, USA
    So, my current job is pretty much over in the summer, and so I have spent the last few months searching for a new position.

Anyways, a few days ago I received a job offer from Omaha, NE, and now I have to decide whether to accept it.

They did fly me out there for the interview so I did get to see a little of the city, but I was there for less than 24 hours so I didn't have time to get a total feel for the place.

My concerns are this, I am relatively young (28), and single, and I need a decent social scene to survive. I moved to the US from England 7 years ago and have so far only lived on the east coast (DC for 3 years then central mass. since).

Thus I am looking for info from anyone who has spent any significant time in Omaha, NE. How lively is it? Will I be able to find lots of things to do and people to meet, or will I be bored out of my mind?

2. JeffTL macrumors 6502a

Dec 18, 2003
    Omaha's good, and getting better -- particularly in downtown, and where I am in midtown.

Further, it's cheap to live here, the people are nice, and there are some good places to eat -- I'd suggest the Dundee Dell and Gorat's as good restaurants if that's your thing.