Omaha, NE

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by swiftaw, Jan 28, 2006.

1. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

So, my current job is pretty much over in the summer, and so I have spent the last few months searching for a new position.

Anyways, a few days ago I received a job offer from Omaha, NE, and now I have to decide whether to accept it.

They did fly me out there for the interview so I did get to see a little of the city, but I was there for less than 24 hours so I didn't have time to get a total feel for the place.

My concerns are this, I am relatively young (28), and single, and I need a decent social scene to survive. I moved to the US from England 7 years ago and have so far only lived on the east coast (DC for 3 years then central mass. since).

Thus I am looking for info from anyone who has spent any significant time in Omaha, NE. How lively is it? Will I be able to find lots of things to do and people to meet, or will I be bored out of my mind?

Thanks.

2. JeffTL macrumors 6502a

Omaha's good, and getting better -- particularly in downtown, and where I am in midtown.

Further, it's cheap to live here, the people are nice, and there are some good places to eat -- I'd suggest the Dundee Dell and Gorat's as good restaurants if that's your thing.