Omega stone broken in Tiger?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Snowy_River, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Snowy_River macrumors 68030

Snowy_River

Hello everyone,

I just purchased "Riddle of the Sphinx II: The Omega Stone" at my local Apple Store. This looks to be a game in the same ilk as other games that I really like (one of my all time favorites is "The Journeyman Project III: The Legacy of Time"), so I was looking forward to wasting some time on it. However, under Tiger the installer launches then crashes. I've sent an email to the company that makes it, but I haven't heard anything back from them.

I've noticed some other very strange bits of behavior in other apps under Tiger (an app that won't recognize files that it made before the Tiger upgrade as valid, no matter what I do, for example).

So, does anyone have any clues about this? Should I (sniff) take the game back, straight away?

Thanks!

2. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

3. Snowy_River thread starter macrumors 68030

Snowy_River

Nope. It's HFS+, Mac OS Extended. Just as it's been under 10.2, and 10.3.

I'm guessing you're suggesting a filename reference error based on case sensitivity?

4. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Yeah. Starcraft and Halo have issues. Dunno about any others so far... but wouldn't be surpirsed to hear of them. Fortuanatly, by renaming the files you can sometimes get it to work... unfortuanatly, its a major PITA. Wonder whos fault it is, the game devs or Apple's?

Anywhoo.... sounds like it b0rked under Tiger.

5. mbartz macrumors newbie

I just bought ROTS-II for Tiger (10.4) and it is indeed broken. I also have asked for technical support with no reply.

6. Snowy_River thread starter macrumors 68030

Snowy_River

Well, I finally got a reply from them. They basically said that I was SOL. Luckily, the Apple Store took it back.

I even tried installing it under 10.3 (installed on an external HD), then just running it in Tiger, but some of the interface functions seem to be broken, too, not just the installer. Oh well.

The folks at the Apple Store said that they would note it in their system that the game doesn't work under Tiger.