OMFG, been waiting since the Keynote and I get the wrong MacBook.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Hodapp, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Hodapp macrumors 6502a

Jul 10, 2003
    New York, NY
    2Ghz, not 2.16Ghz.

*sigh* ...Starting the return process.
  2. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Aug 23, 2003
    Fort Myers, FL
    Just out of curiosity how's the display - any dead or stuck pixels? I'd almost consider keeping it if the display were perfect. Seems like it's a crap shoot anymore. It's only 160Mhz right? Seems like a long time since that meant anything :eek:
  3. M. Malone macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

Mar 11, 2004
    I agree, if the thing has a perfect screen with no dead pixels, just get back the extra money you paid for the 160mhz and keep what you got, a perfect screen with you now is better than a screen that MAY be perfect but will have an extra 160mhz
  4. emaja macrumors 68000

May 3, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I agree.

I know that you didn't get what you paid for and that is dissappointing, but Apple will take care of that. If it is flawless in every other way, and all the other specs are what you ordered, I would just take the $300. In fact, I would ask Apple if they would give you AppleCare for that - or for free, but let's not be greedy - for your trouble.

Worst they can say is no.
  5. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Dec 12, 2002
    I haven't seen a dead pixel on an Apple display in years. That's not a valid reason to keep it, especially if he ordered the faster machine.

Call Apple, make them send the new machine before you send this one back. (Or at least have them confirm that the replacement is there and ready to ship first.) AND have them throw in free AppleCare for the trouble. (Assuming, of course, that you actually paid for a 2.16, and not that you accidentally ordered the 2.0 instead.)
  6. 1dterbeest macrumors regular

Feb 14, 2006
    Waupun, WI
    I've ordered and got a dead pixel on an apple display before.
    it does happen.

I think if it were me, I'd send it back and have them ship the
    new 2.16 machine, as should have been shipped, and then
    asked for some free applecare or some extra money refunded
    due to the extra wait time.

When apple delayed all the orders for Macbook Pros, they
    gave me a $20 refund because i was pissed about the delay.
    Then they ended up shipping it earlier than the INITIAL date,
    so not only did i get my computer EARLY, i also got $20 back.
  7. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Aug 23, 2003
    Fort Myers, FL
    You're pretty lucky then, because I've seen a more than a few in my short time as a Mac user. iMac's, Cinema Displays, PowerBooks, you name it - I've seen stuck and dead pixels on all of them. When I bought my 23-inch Cinema HD Display I was ecstatic to find that it was flawless. A perfect display would be valid enough reason for me to blow off 160Mhz :cool:
  8. MattyMac macrumors 68000

Oct 6, 2005
    you should get what you paid for and a reward....sorry to hear about the misfortune.

no need for the bad language tho