OMG! 500 posts and I missed it...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Diatribe, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Feel free to wasteland this but I just saw that I have 506 posts :D
    I missed my 500th post, omg what's wrong with me ;) And now that I have 500 I have to think about a tar too. This is too much for one day. I'll put that decision off until sunday :D
    Now I am 6502 too, although besides knowing that this is some kind of old Apple processor I have absolutely no clue what that is.

Oh and did I say woohoooooo? :D

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

[​IMG]

:D Congrats, it's nice to finally have worked your way to a 'tar, make sure it's a good one! ;) :p

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

And? Its not too late to add a 'tar, you know. ;) Doesn't matter if you missed it. I think I caught on at post 560 or so.

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

We've been having some issues with new 'tars lately....the recent 500+ crowd has been unable to set one up. Try putting any picture there sooner than later so we can see if there is an issue.

D

5. Diatribe thread starter macrumors 601

Diatribe

Thanks for the concern. I can see the upload field and all, so I should be all right. What does 75x75 or 19,5 kbit (whatever is smaller) mean? Can I upload a tar 100x100 if it does not exceed 19,5KB?

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Your avatar can be up to (and not over) 75x75px, becasue the file size is smaller doesn't mean the the physical size can be bigger.

7. Diatribe thread starter macrumors 601

Diatribe

Aah that's what it meant. Weird phrasing, thanks. I'll dig one up as soon as I get away from this ugly HP work notebook of mine and get to my beloved lil' 12" :D

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

9. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

(Feels sorry for self because most of his posts are in the Political forum.)

10. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Congrats! But hey, for the future, maybe we should have sticky thread for people who have newly obtained their avatars, like we have for n00bs who just got to the forums.

It could be the MacRumors Debutante Ball :p for people with 500 to 600 posts. You wouldn't be allowed to post there unless you were in that range (unless, say, you were a mod and helping people with avatar questions), but that way, all of the new avatar shine could be localized to one thread.

It's just a thought...And yes, the name MacRumors Debutante Ball must stay.

11. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

This seems to be happening more and more ... For me it would be ironic if someone LOSt like 50 or 100 posts for making this type of thread, but thats not quite how macrumors works.

12. Vector macrumors 6502a

Vector

Yeah, that posting only if you're in a certain range worked so well with the newbie thread. Only newbies were supposed to reply and i look at it one day and most of the posts are from people over 500. :rolleyes: :D

13. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

See, I, like a properly-functioning cog in the MacRumors machine, have rarely ventured into the newbie thread, and thus was not cognizant of such a problem. Of course, the post-range was not the main purpose of the thread I proposed, but rather the main purpose was the localization of the deluge of avatar/500-post threads.

14. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

We don't wasteland threads about new avatars, nor the "Happy Birthday Whomever" threads, unless there is something else wrong with them. They are of more interest to the member who is getting 15 minutes of fame and his or her online friends than to the rest of the membership, but that's ok.

15. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

This really isn't that big of an issue....its not all that infrequent as it is and there's nothing wrong this type of thread especially since pretty much everyone has done it include Blakespot (the long lost MacRumors God :D)....kind of hard to enforce that, you know;)

Besides, everyone has they're own idea for an avatar and its a valid point of discusison - and look at how many posts have come up concerning edesignuk's tar and he's well over 500 :p

D

16. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

And what a nice tar it is too. :)

17. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I look forward to seeing your new Avatar. Nice to have a new member of the Tar group. :D

18. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I seem to recall that it took me until about 800 :eek:

The one I eventually used wasn't very good, I think I've been through 3 so far. I'm still not perfectly happy with my current one, but I'm too lazy to change it :rolleyes:

19. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

I might get there one of these days. The sad thing is, I have a cool tar ready to go!

20. Diatribe thread starter macrumors 601

Diatribe

So I refrained from putting up another gorgeous woman as a tar. :D
    Don't wanna turn this into Baberumors.com :p
    I think this one to be permanent but I still have 3 others I really like, so we will see.
    Thanks for all the congrats. And yes, the sole purpose of this thread was get into the spotlight for my 15 minutes of fame. Who wants my autograph? :D

Nice to be there too. Here ya go.

21. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I do! And if you post your digitized signature, please post your checking account number and bank routing number too! ;)

22. crenz macrumors 6502a

crenz

I happened to look at my post count exactly after I reached 500 :). That was two weeks or so ago.

I wasn't able to add an avatar immediately, but I figured it'd need some sort of database refresh to be able to do it. So I just did it the day after that, and it worked no problem.

23. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I recognize your avatar, crenz. It's from the drawing of you that you have in the MacRumors Members Photo Directory.

24. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nice 3D tar - is that your own work or is it from somewhere else?

And it has a toaster as a pet?

D

25. Hoef macrumors 6502a

Hoef

Grrrrr :rolleyes: