OMG my girlfriend just bought me a wii for my birthday!

Discussion in 'Games' started by student_trap, Dec 19, 2006.

1. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

sorry to say this to all those waiting, but i got a VERY unexpected present from my girl and i simply cant contain my excitement. i am especially chuffed because apparently the uk is incredibly understocked! wow.

again sorry to be so in ya face about it, but i had to tell someone!

2. Nym macrumors 6502a

Nym

You better marry her now... AHAHAHAH :D anyway, nice gift, I got Half Life 2 from my GF last year, and I thought I was lucky....... ;)

My GF is too jealous, if she bought a Wii she would give it to herself, eheheh, (I hope she isn't reading these forums) kidding :eek:

3. Annndy! macrumors regular

Annndy!

Congrats man, hang on to that one (the Wii and the girl :p). Mine said she was looking for one for me for Christmas, but couldn't find one anywhere. Ah well. ;)

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Irony! My girlfriend and I won't be getting our Wii's for a while and we pre-ordered months back!
    Enjoy it, and have a jolly nice Christmas.

5. JMax1 macrumors 6502

JMax1

My girlfriend bought me a new guitar. Not a wii, because she didn't want the competition!

6. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I was gonna say, most women would cringe at the idea of bringing something into the house that would take away from Mii time. :p

7. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Sigh. And then there's my boyfriend who's trying to get me a Wii (well, for both of us) for Christmas but we still can't get one. Argh. :(

8. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

I'll give you irony – on the friday of launch day, Amazon posted that they would have some very limited extra shock on sale between 3-4pm. I enlisted the help of a friend who already had one on pre-order (at one of the major UK on-line retailers, who ended up falling grossly short on their quota), to help me from his computer to double my chance. He managed to grab one of them for me before they sold out in a matter of minutes.

It arrived on the monday three days later to my utter joy.

He just received an email yesterday confirming that due to demand his won't be shipped before christmas :eek: I owe him big time!

9. student_trap thread starter macrumors 68000

student_trap

yeah its terrible when they just dont make enough of them, ive had that problem so many times before. it was so weird though, she knew i wanted one, but i honestly thought id just get one after a year or so when they were a) easier to get and b) cheap so had made myself ignore all the hype etc. so it was a TOTAL suprise, just so unexpected, and its also the first console i have ever had this close to its release (i am told it was released on the 8th Dec over her in the uk

10. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

Beware, don't let her get her hands on your Wii...uh...er...that is to say, the Wii is like crack for the female sex, and if you only have one controller, be prepared to share it. A lot.

11. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

She's obviously feeling guilty about something. Hmmm...:eek: ;) :p

12. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

That is cold. :eek: ;)

13. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

My wife got me a Wii for Christmas, but I had to stand in line to get it. ;)

The compromise was that I got to open it early. :D

14. bowens macrumors 6502a

bowens

My wife and I got each other a Wii for Christmas, but we've had it and been playing it since just a few days after launch. This thing is awesome. She actually asked me the other day if I wanted to play Super Monkey Ball.

15. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

Are you sure he only has one controller? ;)

Seriously, really nice gift.

16. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Disgusting!

Boasting about the fact that you have a girlfriend...

...and a Wii

:D

17. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Oh great...my younger brother got one for Christmas...I guess for awhile my women is going to be spending more time with him than me :p

18. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

seriously... ouch, man.

19. Malus macrumors 6502

Isn't nice to have girlfriends that are open to the world of gaming? I love it.

good job getting a wii for your bday! You better take her out to a nice dinner or something special, she deserves it!!

20. student_trap thread starter macrumors 68000

student_trap

nothing quite beats a geeky girlfriend, mine is actually interested (I hope at least ;) ) when i go on about tech all day, and suggesting a night of computer game mayhem is always well recieved, if only geeky girls were around when i was in my teens!

21. Trowaman macrumors 6502a

Trowaman

by girl friend got me a thimble.

I got her a button.

. . . y'know I kinda miss the last relationship I was in, I got X-men Legends 2 that year. She got a Shuffle.

22. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Oh aye. My girlfriend is equally interested in anime, tech/gadgets, Apple as... well. other things! absolute Nintendo fan girl too! bwa! Even got a photo of her playing her SP in bed... probably said too much :p