Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BKKloppenborg

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 2, 2005
La Mesa, Ca
Well have had it for about 3-4 Weeks and i HATE it. I miss my old good G4 Powerbook. This computer Wines at me, never wants to wake up from sleep, when i hit key to wake it up it asks for password then goes BACK to sleep. Then battery life SUCKS 2 hours, MOST. It seems like its slow, at times then lighning fast. Like now its fast but other times it takes 6 or more jumps of icon to open imovie, iphoto, and other programs. I wish i would of just kept my old G4 and bought a nice G5 desktop. Wine has just started recently to, it never has done it before a few days ago. What should i do? This laptop will be for school which i will be at school Tuesday/Thursdays ALL day from 8am-930PM so i need it to do homework. I was going to just sell this one probaly can get 2,100 for it upgraded Ram on it to 2GB. Then buy a G4 Laptop 12-15" which costs about 1,200 for 12" on Apple, but their are no 15" right now. Then save up for the Powermac 2.0 GHZ dual core for 1,700 (Plus need screen) So about 2,031 for Desktop and another 1,200 Laptop. Probelm is that i need laptop now, but old ones come with ilife 05 i need 06 and i need a faster computer right now, put need a portible computer. ARG..

Suggestings? thanks

P.S. i wish i would of NEVER bought this damn thing.

CyberDoberman

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2005
viccles said:
God dont say these things after I just ordered one an hour ago!! :eek:

Thats Crazy. I sold MY Macbook Pro for my MacPro... and I still miss it. It was the most awesome machine I ever had... none of those behaviors were exhibited ??? :(

Maybe needs a good old fashioned reformatting? Maybe bad ram? Bueller....Bueller...???

bokdol

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
VA
look in craigslist for a used 12 in. you can find a few in really good condition for only 800 dollars maybe even cheaper.

LeeTom

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2004
Have you tried repairing permissions and doing a disk check with Disk Utility?

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
Don't forget to reset the PRAM. That fixes everything, also. :)

If you buy a laptop for school, you don't NEED iLife '06 (or any of them, for that matter).

You might want to take a look at your sig, sometime. It doesn't tally with your post much.

BKKloppenborg

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 2, 2005
La Mesa, Ca
weckart said:
Don't forget to reset the PRAM. That fixes everything, also. :)

If you buy a laptop for school, you don't NEED iLife '06 (or any of them, for that matter).

You might want to take a look at your sig, sometime. It doesn't tally with your post much.

wow lol, i dont post much just look around. i need iLife 06 because for school i am taking a web publishing class iLife 05 dosn't have one 06 does.

I tried Pram still same issues.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
hmm.. I don't have any of the problems you see. I like my MBP much better than my AlPB. With the single exception of the USB modem. It's sucktactular.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.