Omg The Sox Won!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Community' started by zulgand04, Oct 4, 2003.

1. zulgand04 macrumors regular

zulgand04

omg what a game, 12th inning run homer by trot nixon, this is going 5 games baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Juventuz macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

Re: Omg The Sox Won!!!!!!

No, it will end tomorrow....

The A's got screwed in that game, big time.

3. zulgand04 thread starter macrumors regular

zulgand04

it was a interpretation by the umpires, there is no official rule that gives the exact guidelines for what happened, if u want to blame anything blame the MLB rule book for being so screwed up.

4. Juventuz macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

I'm not an A's fan so it doesn't really bother me, but to be fair to them they were screwed. If the umps gave the call to Boston they should have done the same for the A's.

5. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

With the Giants out of it and the tears finally drying, I will jump to the sinking ship that is the Red Sox. Or at least the anyone-but-the-cubs-or-yankees ship.

6. zulgand04 thread starter macrumors regular

zulgand04

im not exatly saying it was the right call, but it was 2 diffrent instansis. the boston being 2 okalnd players blocking the base, while one boston player was barly on the base.

that is the last im going to say, because it is a game and the red sox have been screwed in ways like that in the past.

7. Juventuz macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

Actually it was only one A's player blocking the Boston player, the other A's player was on the bag so you really can't say he was interferring. Karl Ravitch on Baseball Tonight actually made a good point by saying that the A's player could have been judged to be part of the play because he could have easily caught the ball to tag the BoSox player out.

8. me_94501 macrumors 65816

me_94501

Okay, as an A's fan, now I'm worried. I think the A's got screwed tonight to some extent (The Patriots-Raiders game a couple years ago comes to mind), but they did no favors for themselves. Four errors? Come on guys, you're in the playoffs!

¡Viva Hudson! Go A's!

9. Ramsos macrumors regular

Ramsos

The Oakland A's got Oakland Raider treatment today, but that's ok because tomorrow the A's will get their revenge. A's all the way........ period

10. jasylonian macrumors regular

stupid A's

As an A's fan, I'm extremely upset with Miguel Tejada and Eric Byrnes. If they had played like men instead of a couple whiny jerks, this series would be over and Rich Harden would never have been subjected to yet another night of trial by fire. Watching the A's lose like this was just painful because the A's are, without a doubt, the biggest postseason chokers in history. Boston and Chicago never lost this many times because of a lack of hustle. The A's deserve to lose and I'm completely embarrassed, again, by them.

11. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    Re: stupid A's

I completely agree with jasylonian. The A's did it to themselves. Sure the umps didn't make the best calls (I think the Johnny Damon hit by pitch was the worst), but Byrnes should have gone back and tagged the plate, not shoved Varitek; and Tejada should have kept running, even if he was thrown out to try to make there be some play at the plate. That would have been at least one more run which would have gotten the A's the win.

12. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Re: Re: Omg The Sox Won!!!!!!

Don't count the Red Sox out just yet. I think that there will be a 5th game. In the 5th inning it's 2 - 1 Red Sox. There winning record at home will carry the day!

13. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

The A's lost 5-4...Hmm it'll be an interesting game on tuesday....

14. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Sadly one coast is going to be disappointed. It's going to be the day of your recall election also. Hopefully I won't be disappointed twice. But also I might get 100%!

15. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

With Pedro pitching Tuesday I think the advantage shifts to Boston. How about a Cubs/Red Sox series? One of the "curses" will have to end.

16. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

LOL, idea_hamster, still trying to blame it on Ted Williams?

17. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

18. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Cool Its today! The better team will win indeed...

19. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

20. Ramsos macrumors regular

Ramsos

21. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Well, looks my preemptive celebration was in order. :D

22. Waluigi macrumors 6502

23. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

this is why I like MR so much better than spymac... over there the flame wars between Sox and Yanks fans are already raging. This is so much nicer! :)

GO SOX!!!

24. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Congrats Sox's fans! You have my best wishes for a victory over the Yanks, who should never win another series.:D