Omg The Two Towers Rocked!!

Discussion in 'Community' started by frescies, Jul 29, 2003.

1. frescies macrumors regular

OMG OMG I just saw the lord of the rings: Two Towers (finally)

It was beautiful!!! A lot of stuff was chopped out and it ended earlier than the book did, but I had CHILLS going down my spine from the moment Gandalf plummets down the chasm in Moria to fight the Balrog.

Also.... Gollum looked rediculous to me at first... But he grew on me.... Especially in the scenes where Gollum argues with Smeagol. Very well done.

2. Waluigi macrumors 6502

EE november 18th

I went to the midnight showing of TTT, and saw it 3 more times that week. This movie was fantastic, but the Extended Edition is going to be 10 times better Amazon.com has it available for preorder and on November 18th, it will be all mine!

Less then 5 months til RoTK!

--Waluigi

3. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

a little late there ;)....

the huge battle scene was amazing.... I forgot what it was called ><.

Oh yes, the battle at helms deep. Such amazing computer work.

The whole series is kind of corny though, don't you think? I mean... Mount Doom!??! What kind of name is that?

There is a lot of corny shtuff in the movies, but they are great never-the-less.

scem0

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ah, but it was originally written back in the 30s and 40s, so what do you want? Its not quite the same as you would get today - have you read the books? The depth of detail and the story are great, but the writing is a little off as well. A bit too simplistic at times.

Still great adaptations and I'm looking forward to the RoTK :D

D

5. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

"Hey guys I just saw heat.."
    "Heat? That came out 8 years ago.."
    "Yeah but i want to talk about it now.."
    "No man get away from me..loser.."
    -Jim Gaffigan; Comedy Central Presents

6. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

Re: EE november 18th

hmm, I'm not so shure 'bout the special edition of TTT. the extended edit of LOTR was excellent (I think because it was so much closer to the book), but I have my doubts about the second one. for my taste they changed much to much from the book and blew up the prelude to the battle at helm's deep, plus I don't like that they turned gimli into this corny character and got rid of the unusual friendship between dwarf and elve :(

BUT I'm still looking forward to the special edition release because I've loved ALL!!! of tolkien's books since I was a child and I hope that the edit will be a little bit better than the normal version or at least more like it could have been :)

my biggest hope though is that peter jackson turns "the hobbit" into a movie too (with the same actors to the extend that they appear in there), because that book is tolkien's best one IMO, regardless wether one likes fantasy or not. one can argue about LOTR, but the hobbit is a literature materpiece, both artistically and plotwise (even though it's without doubt a book for children...)

vSpacken

[edit]
    and I hope that they put the battle at the lonley mountain/dale (see appendix in RoTK) into the special edition of the third movie RoTK. this would make another perfect connection to the hobbit and it would show dwarven armies fighting in battle. something we would not see otherwise...[edit]

7. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I can't get over how I said Doom Mountain! :eek:

I was not paying much attention, obviously.

Yes - I read the books and no - I didn't like them. Well, I take that back. I liked them, but I think they are highly over-rated. I think the story line is okay, Frodo's character is annoying (same goes for the movie). I just don't see much that sets LOTR on a higher level than current fantasy books.

I'm a big fan of the genre though, my favorite authors being Terry Brooks, Terry Goodkind, Elizabeth Haydon, and Melanie Rawn.

RotK better be good. It will be hard to beat the first two films though, because they were amazing. I can't wait ;).

scem0

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm personally looking forward to the DVD. Not sure yet if I will purchase in August or wait for the version in November. I have both versions of the 1st LOR DVD. Noticed that the 3rd movie is coming out in November!

9. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

I loved it too! My plan is to get the extended first of TTT then on the night of the third movie I will watch with my friends both the extend verion of FoR and TTT, I will just about fill up my DVD player with the discs and this showing may take 8 hours:eek:

10. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I'm not buying the DVDs until I can get all 3 in a boxed set. Probably going to be like 8 DVDs....:D

D

11. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

I saw the 3 towers and I had a very good picture on how the civil war in my country is gonna be like.

Back in december the National Guard was 5 block from my house protecting som General house or something, they started to luch tear gas at 8pm at night in a residential/ upper class neiberhood. I took my arc and my arrows (to for hunting), I want very close and started to shoot at them just like in the movie. I just shooted 5 arrows because with the tear gas I couldn't set the arrow in the string and I was getting very visible. Of course arrows doesn't make any noise and they didn't notice I was arround. I know I hit some one and a few NG cars.

I'm so lucky they didn't see me, I had my heart on my throat. Later on the entire neirberhood came, we were about 2500 people agains 30 national guard until they started to shoot at us with plastic bullets. They even shooted the police!!!

No one got really hurt but it was an amazing night back in December. Still, the worst is about to come, just like in the movie.

12. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Hell yeah, I was every special Feature I can get, ever.

:D

The movie was great, but you are a *little* late.

13. losfp macrumors regular

8?!?!?

Try closer to 20!

The Limited Edition of Fellowship was 5 discs - 2 for the movie, 2 for the special features and a national geographic "making of" disc.

mmmmm... boxsets....

14. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

Re: Re: EE november 18th

well, it seem that the DVD edition will indeed deliver...

according to http://www.thelordoftherings.ca/, the page that was mentioned in the RoTK-trailer thread, they put in so much more from the book (tons of ent-stuff...) and actually changed the ending... NIIIICE!!! now I'm pretty confident that the special edition will rock.

vSpacken