OMGWTFBBQ!!1 I dropped my PB today!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by brepublican, Apr 27, 2006.

1. brepublican macrumors 6502a

brepublican

I dropped my 12" this morning in class. I blame the folding seats in the lecture theater. I thought I'd be freaking out the first time I dropped it but remarkably, I wasnt. Maybe it had to do with the fact that I was using it in the middle of a lecture because there is wireless in the theater and our Physics professor (or lecturers as they call them here) is intrinsically boring.

I had to prode it open with my pencil because it got stuck and wouldnt open for like 5 min.

Oh well, just thought I'd share.

2. real_murray macrumors member

3. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

That's what I wanna know. You left out the most important part.

4. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

YIKES! :eek:

Any pics and is everything working okay?

5. brepublican thread starter macrumors 6502a

brepublican

Fortunately, there was no major damage. Except a HUGE dent in the right hand corner. It like looks so obvious I'm so pissed. And I dont know how or why the magnet caught and it wouldnt open for the longest time. I had to use a 5mm pencil to pry the hook. I was sooo worried. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

6. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

man, i think i would kill myself if anything were to befall(really bad pun) my powerbook like that. :eek:

i've had mine for about 6 months now, and i don't think i've so much as let a stray speck of dust touch it.

7. brepublican thread starter macrumors 6502a

brepublican

Hadnt been online for a while, but here it is (it still hurts):

Attached Files:

8. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

ah 'tis a we scratch. Think of it not as a dent, but a beauty mark that gives your PB character. :)

9. nw43 macrumors regular

Yup, looks like a write-off. Better send it over to me and I'll organise for it to be recycled..... :rolleyes: ;)

10. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

If you have AppleCare maybe you can find a way to get them to replace it. :D The outside casing, that is....

11. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Actually, I was thinking AppleCare might assume the computer has been dropped and refuse to do certain reparis in the future because of it. :eek:

12. Unorthodox macrumors 65816

Unorthodox

How appropriate that you dropped it in a physics class.

Nice name for this thread.

13. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

I suppose I was thinking of the hubby's experience where he was noticing a rattling sound (or some funny sound) with his PB. He took it in and they ended up replacing the undercasing. He was happy since there was a dent on one of the corners with the original casing. So I guess the OP could hope that something else non-life threatening happens such that they have to replace the casing anyway. :)