Omission Accomplished

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by xsedrinam, Oct 22, 2006.

1. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

So, Taliban leader Mullah Omar is threatening a surprising rise in Afghan violence over the next few months. Who is not surprised that Afghanistan, left in pursuit of other U.S. priorities, would not revert back to her former ways?

Just how messy will this get, again, in the not so distant future?

Attached Files:

2. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

When I saw the title, I thought you meant this.
    But yeah, Afghanistan's a mess. We pulled resources from there to go to Iraq, and now it's getting worse again. Don't know if it ever even got better there though. Somehow, I'm sure this will be Clinton's fault. And whoever the next Dem Pres who will surely have to deal with it.

3. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Or this.

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Are there plans afoot to impeach Bush? Because this whole thing has just become a debacle of epic proportions.

It's really turned into a head-scratching conundrum and doesn't seem to have an end in sight. Our troops are there too and trust me, the sentiment that "nothing's going right and there's no hint of it getting better" is true here as well.

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

There should be, but he'd have to get a bj or something first. Even then, who knows how the rest of his ilk would defend him. Look at the Foley thing. The neocons are a lot more organized and willing to do such drastic things vs. the dem party, so even if you get a lot more dems in office come Nov, they'd have to actually have the balls to do such things. Which they probably won't.

Plus, as far as I know, they'd have to have actual proof of an impeachable offense. He's done a lot of horrible things, as well as ironically attempt to get rid of habeus corpus for the most part, but he's like one of those white collar criminals that can get out of anything thanks to a lot of legal loopholes. The Republican media would never let them get away with it either, as would any neocons still in office, even if the dems suddenly became emboldened if they pick up a bunch of seats. The good news is, if they do, Bush will become a lame duck and will have to work with them if he wants to get anything done.

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Ah right. So, as usual in the ol' US of A starting a war on false pretences and running said war so badly that thousands of troops die is not as bad as getting a blow job.

Dude, that's f***ed up right there.

7. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

Hey, I'm already embarassed to be living over here, you don't have to rub it in. ;)

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Seems the republicans are more interested in sex misbehavior then they are in thousands & thousands dead, billions spent. If they looked at what this president has done with just half the vigor of the Clinton or Foley investigations they would have removed Bush a long time ago. Thats why its a scream to hear the Republicans talk so tough and then smear the likes of Kerry or Murtha. People who really fought and were awarded medals. Republicans are being led by a bunch of draft dodgers and a president who was missing just as those records of his missing are missing. Then a VP who had 5 deferals from nam. Then a Majority Leader who also deferred. All Hero's.:rolleyes: