Omni Technologies?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by storage, May 27, 2006.

1. storage macrumors 6502

The bank just accepted my request to get a creditcard, so, since this is the first time I'm buying something with a creditcard I feel I have to ask this.

Are Omni Technologies reliable? Should I worry about giving them my creditcard number? Or should I use PayPal? Is it more reliable?

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, and thanks a lot in advance :).

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

The Omni Technologies described here: Link? :( (in other words, no.)

3. storage thread starter macrumors 6502

Ouch, seems I'll be ordering my memory from somewhere else :p. Corsair memory for ~$70 more will do.

Thanks a lot for the heads up.

4. 4God macrumors 68020

4God

Wow, I'm glad it worked out for me. I ordered 4 gigs from them last friday and received them on tuesday. I received my new iMac on thursday and immediately installed the max of 2 gigs. The other 2 are awaiting a MacBook.

The 2 in the iMac are fine, no problems. So, maybe I'm just lucky but it worked out for me just fine.

5. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

I wouldn't go for the Corsair ValueSelect, Corsair doesn't guarantee these for compatibility with Macs.

There are some reputable vendors that specialize in Mac memory - the ones most often recommended here on MR are
    Crucial, OWC (MacSales) and Data Memory Systems.

Any one of the three can do a good job for you. Personally, I have dealt with DMS for over 5 years, they are expert, honest and real Mac people.

Thanks
    Trevor
    CanadaRAM.com

6. storage thread starter macrumors 6502

Crucial was VERY expensive, €330 for 2 GB :eek:, too much for me. DMS had good prices, as did OWC. Which one of these should I take?

Thanks for your help :).

7. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Your choice, but I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Data Memory Systems, based on my experiences.