OmniFocus Task Management App for iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 11, 2008.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

iPhone Central took a brief look at Omni Group's iPhone version of their task management application, OmniFocus. OmniFocus won Best of Show at Macworld San Francisco 2008.
    The iPhone version adds location support, which can prioritize tasks geographically:
    More screenshots are provided at OmniGroup. The iPhone version allows you to enter tasks and sync with the Mac OS X version of Omni Focus. No pricing has been announced but they expect OmniFocus to be available in the iTunes App Store at launch.

Article Link

2. Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I have literally been waiting for this for so long now, ever since I first read on their blog about it way back when. It will make managing tasks that much better. I heart OmniFocus (thanks robbieduncan for first telling me about it) :)

3. macrumors 6502a

Peel

I like the idea of having location sensitive to do lists. I often find myself running across town to complete a task, and only after I get back home do I realize that there was a store just around the corner that I wanted to go to. Especially with the price of gas these days.

4. macrumors 6502a

5. macrumors 68040

Telp

This sounds like a great app. I hope its free. :D

I doubt it would be though. And theres no reason it should be free.

All the same, this app will do great on the iPhone. They put a lot of thought in there and i think it will be a success. :)

6. macrumors 68030

bytethese

I SOOOO need this for my ADHD ass. :)

Please make it $19.99 or less!!

7. macrumors regular

Yeah, aren't they still charging for a web browser? Omni is good at over charging, don't see why this would be any different.

8. macrumors 68040

Telp

Eh, it's just wishful thinking. :)

OY!! $80. Is it worth that? I can see it easily being $30-45 for the iPhone, or atleast $20...

9. macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Perfect. Online auto-syncing and location-aware? That's, like exactly what I asked for, only better. I need a change of shorts now.

*impatiently marks days until T-Mobile contract expires*

10. macrumors P6

twoodcc

now this seems like a nice app, though i'm afraid to see how much it'll cost

11. macrumors 68040

Telp

My guess is that it will be one of the more expensive apps we see go on the App Store market. Guess we'll find out in a couple weeks...

12. macrumors member

Looks like a great app. Agree with others about the price. We'll have to wait and see... I'll definitely be taking a look at this.

Now... can someone explain the logic why apple would not allow us to sync the built in "To Do List"? I know apple likes to "do" their own thing but isn't this on anyone's list to add?

Oh wait...they don't have a "TO DO LIST"

13. macrumors newbie

step futher

Location based to do is a great idea, but they need to now talk google into including the locations of items at the grocery store into their maps api and this app would be rocking. Think of it. I write down the things i need to get at the store, and not only does it tell me when i'm close to the store, but it geometrically calculates the fastest route through the supermarket. The epitome of efficiency and practicality.

14. macrumors 65816

citi

it would be nice if owners of omnifocus (like me) could get this at a drastically reduced price (like free). Seems like it's double dipping a little. Especially considering omnifocus already syncs to ical. Looks more like an add-on

15. Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Don't tell OmniGroup, but I'd probably pay the same again as the desktop client. Maybe even more as this will be more useful! :eek:

16. macrumors 6502

Will this sync over the air with the desktop version or will I need to do a USB sync through iTunes? Also, will it stay in sync with more than one computer (ie. office and home) and the iPhone, like mobileme?

17. Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

OmniGroup have said it will sync over the air using a WebDAV server. Mobileme is a WebDAV server...

18. macrumors newbie

After reading all the posts here, I don't see why Omni would and should cheapen their application at all. It's obvious that you guys will end up shelling the cash at their high asking price anyway.

19. macrumors 6502a

i'm interested to see what apps will be costing once they start to come out. i honestly can't see myself spending more than $5 for any app.

20. macrumors 6502a

ayzee

This looks great and ive heard others talking about this being the best task manager. At the moment im using the Notes app and its not great.

21. macrumors 6502

I'm using evernote right now, which is proving useful for outlining my thoughts and notes, but it's not perfect as a task manager. From what I've seen from OmniFocus, it's everything that I'm looking for in a task manager and I really hope they get the syncing right (ie. over the air, automatic) between the iPhone and multiple computers.