OmniGraffle or Concept Draw?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jesuisme, Feb 2, 2004.

1. macrumors member

Dear All,

I recently switched to Mac from PC and I need an application to replace Visio. I used Visio for doing flowcharts and UML Diagrams. I found out about OmniGraffle and Concept Draw, but can't seem to find a review comparing the two of them. If anyone has had experience with one or both programs coming from Visio, I would greatly appreciate the comments.

Thanks!

2. macrumors member

You could download trial versions of both applications, OmniGroup offers a limited version of OmniGraffle for free, and Concept Draw is available as a 30-day trial.
    I use OmniGraffle and I think it's a fantastic application, but I have never tried Concept Draw and I'm not coming from Visio.

3. macrumors 65816

kugino

i use omnigraffle as well...it's a really good program. i believe they allow visio imports, so you can check on that. can't help you with the comparative aspects, but i can give a vote for omnigraffle. the pro version is also very good.

4. macrumors 68000

James Craner

I used to use Viso a lot for flowcharts to document procedures and workflows. OminiGraffle is a better product IMO than Viso.