OmniWeb 5.1 and Japanese Sites

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by paperkirin, Nov 22, 2004.

1. paperkirin macrumors newbie

paperkirin

I'm just wondering if anyone else running the OmniWeb 5.1 betas has trouble with sites with Japanese text encodings (or any other, for that matter). At least on my OS 10.2.8 system, these sites simply show up blank, i.e., nothing loads and the content area has nothing in it.

Anyone? As an example, I have problems with Apple Japan 's web-site, and Megatokyo.

2. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

I'm on 10.3.5 and tried it - no problems at all. Hmm...

3. hitsuzen macrumors newbie

I'm on 10.3.5, Omniweb 5.1 loads Japanese sites w/ no problems,
    even Apple Japan. Not my primary browser though, so I' not
    too sure if changing something in the preference might help.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

As with the two previous respondents, both sites load fine for me. The Megatoko site is English language. The Apple site is Japanese language and renders beautifully.

5. paperkirin thread starter macrumors newbie

paperkirin

If anyone cares, I e-mailed Omni, and this has been identified as a bug which occurs under Jaguar, so they're working on it now. It's nice to have such a prompt response :)

6. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

Nice one. Let's see what they do about it.

I like Omniweb; I've been using it more and more recently for day to day browsing. I like the thumbnailing of open opens, and I especially like that they can be dragged up and down and resized. Wish Safari would do that. Also you can click and hold on a link to bring up a submenu. INCLUDE THAT IN SAFARI ALREADY DAMMIT :mad: :mad: