On 9/11 Rumsfeld wanted to bomb Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sayhey, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

There is another confirmation of the fact that this administration wanted to respond to the 9/11 attacks with attacks against Iraq and not Afghanistan.
    CBS News

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

this is the week that the former clinton officials testify before the 9/11 commission. clarke, albright, cohen, berger... i'm not sure who else. should be interesting.

3. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

Actually they've wanted to bomb Iraq for a while. Something tells me that historians will look on this dark period of US History with an eye that suggests that the reason Bush was placed into office was so he could start a war with Saddam... he didn't even have a legitimate reason (ie no connection between 9/11 and Iraq) yet managed to create the illusion of reason.

4. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

ouch. how many more times do the american people need to be told "wake up!"

5. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    after seeing richard clarke on 60 minutes tonite, i'm just wondering how much more it will take for the majority of people to realize this administration has serious credibility problems.

seriously, how can you not believe a guy who was hired by reagan, then served bush the 1st, clinton and bush the 2nd until he resigned...basically out of disgust for our current foreign terrorism policy?

an approximate transcript of the show is here

i think stahl did a good job on the story and i enjoyed her catching hadley in a lie.

6. wwworry macrumors regular

7. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Not surprisingly, the White House response is denial, obfuscation, and character assassination.

8. Sayhey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sayhey

I find this statement to be amazing.

That could be used as a textbook example of a "non-denial denial."

I wonder how Paul O'Neil is feeling about now. I guess he isn't the only "crazy and bitter" ex-employee of this White House to tell this same story. Perhaps the commission report on 9/11 might be interesting reading after all?