On a wheelchair???

Discussion in 'Community' started by Black&Tan, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

But at those speeds, don't turn the steering wheel - ouch!

I wonder if he's got a big red button labled "Turbo" on it :D

D

2. Aeolius macrumors 6502a

I hope my son never reads that article. His wheelchair goes 5 mph and that's fast enough for me. Granted, he does scream like a banshee when we go riding 40 mph on my 4x4 Ranger ATV. ;) Now, if Harley-Davidson made motorized wheelchairs, THEN we'd be talking!

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Didn't Orange County Choppers do something similar in an AOL t.v. commercial?

It's a bit too much power. I can do wheelies in a wheelchair already. :D However, I can see how getting across a 4 lane road quickly would be quite useful.

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I think that it's a very thoughtful thing that he did for his mother-in-law. It is just a little bit more speed and power than she will ever need. From the pictures it seems that he is getting all the enjoyment.

5. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

don't you hate it when you have a jet engine laying around and nothing to stick it on? :p :rolleyes:

reality

6. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

60mph on a jet powered wheelchar with no helmet!!! :eek:
    I wouldn't strap myself to anything jet powered that I made myself without a helmet.
    Wasn't there just a thread about the usefulness of a helmet on a bike. :rolleyes:

7. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

He got about ~$2800 of donations for the parkinsons disease foundation. Yes, he gets to go fast, but the money he makes going fast is going to help her disease.

8. KingSleaze macrumors 6502

Even though he did raise some money for Parkinson's research, the article stated that she had to buy a new wheelchair. So how long does it take to get up to 60 mph in a wheelchair?