On Bush/GOP overload

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Jun 20, 2006.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Hey guys- I haven't been commenting on these pages much over the last few weeks because I'm just so stunned that this president and party are getting away with a scandal a day. It gets depressing and overwhelming at times and I just have to walk away. For god's sake- just look at the most recent posts! What the hell is going on? Why is Bush still not impeached? Even the most conservative Republican has to see this man as a disaster. They may not say so, but they have to know it deep down.

Sorry- just a little more than frustrated to see our formerly great country going down the toilet and nothing being done.

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

When you run all 3 branches and the corporations run all the news what do you expect? Our govt isnt about the people its about the corporations. America needs to wake up or they are going to be in for a rude awakening.

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Yes but when your madrassas preach that liberals are not only evil, but the enemy, you get people who would rather continue a failed administration because they are convinced that any change would allow those on the side of the enemy to come to power...

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I'm with you, lee. We're not much better right now than dictatorial regimes like Saddam's. The will of the people takes a back seat to the whims of the wealthy ruling class. The only big difference is that unlike Saddam, we're not killing our own in order to sustain their wealth and power.

Oh...wait....

5. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Yeah, right?

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Which is why so many people don't want to care. I know I didn't. But then it really starts affecting you. You feel helpless, but change takes time. Despite their claims, the left is not as vicious as the right, especially when not in power, but that may change come Nov. We'll see. Just look at the polls. People who once didn't like to talk about politics at all or were on the neocons side are now joining me in my complaints. That frustration more and more becomes anger. You may not see it in the MSM or on CSPAN, or in those with their heads in the sand, but the system is actually imploding upon itself. Enjoy the ride down.

Now, if come November, things still have not changed, maybe I'll join you in Europe.