On O2 How will I know how many Minutes/Texts I have left?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JD92, Jul 6, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502a

Apr 14, 2005
    I was just wondering, since I've never had a pay monthly phone before, on my new iPhone how will I find out how many minutes and texts I have left?
  2. macrumors 6502a

Jun 7, 2007
    London, UK
    im on the o2 simplicity

i can find out by...

ringing them up and asking customer service guy

there is a number you can ring for an automated service

send a blank text to 21202

checking online via o2.co.uk and logging into my account

i assume it will be the same on the iphone contract... though someone on the contract now could offer more help...
  3. macrumors 6502a

Sep 17, 2007
    I'm on an O2 iPhone Pay Monthly contract currently, and before that a SE phone also on an O2 contract. You can check your inclusive allowance online any time.

It used to be a nightmare to find the right page for your bill/allowances, but O2 made some changes shortly after the 1st Gen iPhones were released and it's much better now.

I didn't know about the 21202 number, but just tried it and it works! You can't send a "blank" text on the iPhone though - but a space worked fine.
  4. macrumors 601

Aug 29, 2006
    I use the 21202, and the o2 website - but does that show monthly usage of data? Or is there a setting on the iPhone that can track that?
  5. macrumors 6502a

Sep 17, 2007
    Yes, go:
    o2.co.uk > Login > View My Bill > Recent Charges > What I've Used
    It's there, called "UK browse and download".

You can also get to it on the iPhone:
    Settings > Usage
    ...but you have to remember to reset your statistics every month if you want monthly data figures.
  6. macrumors newbie

Apr 12, 2013
    If you are looking to find out how many minutes/texts and web data you have left it will tell you ALL of that if you send a blank message to 21202 it is a FREE service so go for it, with contract send a blank message to 20202.

Scratch that what I said last time was wrong its actually if your on PAYG then text a blank message to 20202 and if your on contract then send a blank message to 21202. They're both free so go for it #
  7. macrumors 68020

John T

Mar 18, 2006
    Has it not occurred to anyone to use O2's excellent App?
  8. macrumors member

Jan 1, 2012
    As above, use their app, much easier and quicker and pretty accurate even when roaming
  9. macrumors 68000

Jul 12, 2010
    London UK
    Very good app it is too.

I have contracts with O2 & Three and it wipes the floor with Three's app.