on/off button 20" Cinema Display on DVI

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by cc bcc, Mar 31, 2003.

1. cc bcc macrumors 6502

I have my 20" cinema display connected to the DVI port on an ATI 9000.

I can't use the ADC port because my G4 400 sawtooth can't power the ADC port, so I needed the dvi-> adc adapter to power the display.. I got angry at my Apple dealer and Apple for not warning about this on the Apple site. I found it's somewhere deeply hidden on the ATI site, so it's my fault. Too bad the adapter costs 120 euros... And I also have to buy a ADC->VGA adapter to hook up my 19" CRT..

Anyway, I'm happy with the display! The colors are even better than on my 19" sony trinitron CRT. The TFT is very easy on the eyes. Too bad I have 2 dead pixels, but I can live with that.

Does anyone know if there's a way to make the ON/OFF button on the display work in this configuration? The Brightness button however works correctly I think. After touching it, it opens the Display preference panel. I hope I can use to ON/OFF switch to put the mac to sleep.

2. yzedf macrumors 65816

yzedf

uhh... try it?!

<dream sequence>
    pushes button to find out if it works...
    </dream sequence>

3. cc bcc thread starter macrumors 6502

Re: uhh... try it?!

lol, I never said I didn't try it.. I did, surprisingly! And because it didn't work, I posted this question!.. ;)

4. benixau macrumors 65816

benixau

i gather the USB is plugged into the mac or a powered hub.

also, does the mac correctly recognise it as a 20.1" Apple Studio Display - can yo use all of the available resolutions and is the only control for it a brightness control?

are you running Mac OS X 10.2.1 or better?

if so i can not right now think of any problems