Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tammster

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
S Florida USA
I was always so good about making sure my phone was being backed up to the cloud. In the last week or so, since planning for my new phone on the 25th, I realized that not only can't I backup to iCloud, but I apparently don't have any old iCloud backups (unless they're just not showing up in manage storage). I backed up immediately to my computer in iTunes (a few days before updating to the 9.1 beta).

My question is, since I don't have any pre-public beta backups, will I be able to restore my pre 9.1 (but post public beta) backup from iTunes and then go from that to the final 9.1 next Wednesday or am I totally screwed since my pre-beta iCloud backups disappeared?

whocaresit

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2010
I was always so good about making sure my phone was being backed up to the cloud. In the last week or so, since planning for my new phone on the 25th, I realized that not only can't I backup to iCloud, but I apparently don't have any old iCloud backups (unless they're just not showing up in manage storage). I backed up immediately to my computer in iTunes (a few days before updating to the 9.1 beta).

My question is, since I don't have any pre-public beta backups, will I be able to restore my pre 9.1 (but post public beta) backup from iTunes and then go from that to the final 9.1 next Wednesday or am I totally screwed since my pre-beta iCloud backups disappeared?

Same here. All iCloud backups after June are GONE. Filed a bug report. Suggest you do too.

Reactions: The Doctor11

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

iCloud backups are working for me on 9.1 beta 1. Last one made for me was yesterday when I last had it plugged in. 9.1 isn't due to out until November. You're confused on releases. It's 9.0 that's coming out on Wednesday.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
iCloud backups are working for me on 9.1 beta 1. Last one made for me was yesterday when I last had it plugged in. 9.1 isn't due to out until November. You're confused on releases. It's 9.0 that's coming out on Wednesday.

*edit*
All iCloud backups were deleted a few days before the Apple event. From what I understand it was to help get rid of the phantom backups some had and couldn't delete. All should be working as usual now though.

mariusignorello

Suspended
Jun 9, 2013
I just don't get why I never have these iCloud problems. I really want to know why. I have upgraded, downgraded, and upgraded again multiple devices and my backups remain intact and functional. Are mine on a special server? And yeah, I use beta versions of iOS too.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    624 KB · Views: 141
Reactions: jbachandouris

Tammster

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
S Florida USA

Yes, 9.0. That was a typo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.