On vacation, forgot my credit card, and need the number: is there anything I can do?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mariahlullaby, May 29, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

I'm on vacation (whee!) and stupidly forgot to bring my credit card with me (doh!) -- I thought I had it in my wallet this whole time until I went to use it last night and realized I left it in another wallet.

I need run the credit card for something, but I don't have the number -- I was hoping I'd be able to access it online, but my account only gives me the last 4 digits, and calling my bank (it's my credit card from my bank) wasn't helpful. The card is in an empty house.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the number? I am looking for a WaMu to see if they can help, but right now I'm in a jam.

Thanks!

2. macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I don't think they'll be much you can do...

Can you get to a branch of your bank?

3. macrumors 65816

teleromeo

E.T. phone home ...

4. macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

you would usually get an emergency card, but only if you have a platinum card or a card with higher yearly fees...

5. macrumors 603

iSaint

Give me your address and I'll run over there and get it for you.

:p

6. macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

You are pretty much in trouble. Unless you have someone back home that can express ship it to you, or something like that. Other than that, most places won't just take the number without the card. Best of luck though

7. macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

I've done this before. Call your bank and either request an additional card or report it lost/stolen and have them send you a new card. Ask them to overnight it to where you are staying. They will usually do that without too much fuss.