On wakeup screen is black after 10.7.5

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by scunacc, Sep 21, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Sep 21, 2012

Dual booting Lion and SL - very happily - on a 2006 1.83 MA699LL/A macbook with 2G memory.

Until Lion 10.7.5...

I have lidwake and acwake set to 0 & I have hibernatemode set to 25. (I set it that way because I want to deliberately push the power button to come back from hibernate, [not sleep] ).

OK, so, now when it comes back from hibernation, the restore progress bar works its way across then the screen goes black. I have discovered that I can tweak it back on with the screen brightness keys - up and down - (F1/F2) but it wasn't doing that before 10.7.5. At first I thought it was hanging, then I discovered the disk was still spinning, and I could ssh in just fine. So, it was a graphics issue.

Is there some other setting that changed in 10.7.5?

Booting back to the SL partition - no problem. That works (for the above issue) like it always used to (and as Lion used to). So, not a hardware issue.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Kind regards

2. macrumors P6

Jan 24, 2010
    Does the backlight not work or is the screen just black?
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 21, 2012
    Thanks for the Q.

Hard to tell if the backlight is on after the start but I don't think it's staying on. Looks like it powered off the screen - and - no - I don't have it set to do that in the power settings. :-/

As I say, if I down/up the brightness one notch with F1/F2 after the initial wakeup-from-hibernation screen (when the screen *is* *on* - before it goes black) it all returns to normal.

Kind regards