On week in windoze hell

Discussion in 'Community' started by dornoforpyros, May 21, 2005.

1. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

ok so I just started a new job in a new city, I wanted to be able to start on time so instead of finding a place to live right off the bat I checked into the hostel for a while.
    So between the windows machine at work and the internet kiosk at the hostel I've been stuck in PC hell all week. I'd forgotten just how truly painful windoze really is. :(

But I'm home for the weekend and back on my mac :D

2. ghostee macrumors 6502

I'd bet many of us here have to deal with the joy that is Windows at work. I try and make myself feel more at home by using the blue Panter background, and moving the start bar to the top of the screen. I definately miss expose when I'm dealing with tons of windows.

Good luck with your new job.

3. 40167 macrumors regular

Should probibly install pearpc on your work machine so you can still use a mac... or do what I do; leave a mac at home (mine admitingly is a 333mhz imac [the public vnc account runs off the same system too]) with vnc installed... sure it's a tad slow but its definitly usable unless you want to listen to audio or watch a movie of course. Though with the vnc case you just need java on the work machine, so if they got a rule of "no software installations" you can probibly still use the mac.

Those are the free ways, the other would be shell out 499 and bring a mini into the office :)

4. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Nice little public server you got there. Dunno what to do with it, but it's still pretty cool. Did something similar with the oncampus lab computers and connecting to the mac in my room.