Once Again Japan Gets Screwed (My Little Rant)

Discussion in 'Community' started by iAlan, Aug 23, 2003.

1. iAlan macrumors 65816

Dec 11, 2002

The G5's are being pushed back to late September here in Japan. All the official Apple posters that were touting '8' (August) have a little '9' (September) taped over all them.

This happens with nearly every single new product release. Why doesn't Apple Japan just put the following month after the launch in the USA? I realize production and demand issues may play a part, but they never seem to get things right over here. If Japan really is the second biggest Apple market outside the USA (?) then please treat us better. Stop getting our hopes up Apple and them make us wait an 4-6 weeks.

I guess later is better than never, but I have decided not to get a G5 now and will wait for the first round of updates.
  2. shecky Guest

May 24, 2003
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Yeah! Because America, which I am sure must be Japan's 2nd or 3rd biggest market for consumer electronics, ALWAYS gets stuff here the second they come out in Japan. I mean you never hear of products starting in Japan and then filtering thier way to the USA at a later date. Sony ALWAYS releases new product to the American market the second they do to the Japanese market. Make us wait for new technology? HA! that NEVER happens.

gimmie a break. :rolleyes:
  3. mymemory macrumors 68020

May 9, 2001
    No way, at list Japan gets everything a month later, South America is the technological trashcan of the world, when you return any electronic equipment to the store where do you think it goes? here! and it is sold as a brand new equipment for the retail price plus a 40%. And forget about warranty, it takes 2 month to get anything fix, no mater if is Sony or Apple.

We won't see the G5 around here until January at list.
  4. iJon macrumors 604

Feb 7, 2002
    well i think you will be waiting a while if you wait for round of updates. i think with these tech and speeds, apple will release a new one in exactly a year.

5. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    he he...wait one second

why does japan get a lot of cool stuff first?...is what i say;)
  6. iAlan thread starter macrumors 65816

Dec 11, 2002
    You miss my point....

Apple Japan always announce the same release date as Apple USA, then pull the plug at the very last minute. Production/supply issues aside (which have been known to delay releases in the USA, which in turn pushed Japan back also) Apple Japan always seem to be shipping 4-6 weeks later than originally announced. My point is why do this? Apple Japan should have learnt from previous release changes, or maybe they are thinking...'This time we will get the schedule right'...I guess if Apple USA is facing a shortage they may withhold international distribution, but this is happening with almost every new product release. Bad supply management and bad PR if they don't deliver as announced regardless of hte country

Yes , other countries trail behing Japan in term of Apple releases, but do these countries announce the release dates and push them back at the last minute?

If G5's don't actually make it here in September, all hell will break loose...
  7. NavyIntel007 macrumors 65816

Nov 24, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    You'd think Apple Japan would get all the stuff at the same time if not earlier because of it's proximity to where the Apple machines are manufactured (China). However, Apple is an US company so that's probably why it happens. Just like Sony is a Japanese company, Samsung is a S. Korean company. You guys get all the best cellular phones, DVD players, PDAs, TVs, while the US is stuck practically a year behind the tech curve.
    I feel sorry for mymemory. He's the one who's got it bad. I suppose it's worse in Africa.