Once again...U guys bitch way too much!!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by eyelikeart, Jul 17, 2002.

1. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I've already created a similar thread months back after a previous MacWorld...and I think another is in order here...

:rolleyes:QUIT YOUR BITCHING!!!!:rolleyes:

Is it really necessary that every MacWorld we see, there has to be those of u who just aren't satisfied?! I mean honestly...u guys got all excited for G5's & PDA's...and u should have known better than to expect it at New York!

We got 17" LCD iMacs, new iPods w/price changes, lots of new software, a promise for 10.2 earlier than expected, Cingular service....

sure we need faster systems...but I'm putting my money on San Francisco...

I hope I get flamed...I got the flame-retardant suit on and I'm prepared for it... ;) :D

2. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Re: Once again...U guys bitch way too much!!!

If anyone flames eye, they've obviously not done their homework. Apple has done some bada22 stuff this MW.... Rendevous. Awesome. iTunes 3.0, awesome. The 17" iMac is a keeeeeeeeeper. Jagwire early. Cool. Cell phone service. Cheaper iPod. Bigger (capacity) iPod. Carrying Case. new headphones.

So many of the things you have all been begging for for months!

So, .Mac is a fee based service. You can't even access the site yet, i am sure they're not gonna kill your freebie quickie email account. They'll be provisions. Get the facts first. There's like 10 "I am gonna kill APPLE" threads opened up. Let this stuff simmer, marinate. Do some research before you jump. It's this stuff that makes "switchers" who jump on this site tentative.

RESEARCH kiddies. :)

I bet we'll see new monitors AND powermacs on the 13th of august.

PATIENCE kiddies. :)

And if you're really that po'ed, buy a windows machine. I hear eMachines has a nice intel celery machines that'll do a lot of nothing for $399.99. Go snap one up!!!!

3. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Gotcho Back !

Look folks...

Techno blueballs is no reason to get pissed off.

Apple has made incredible progress in a limp market ans, when compared to Wallstreet is technically AHEAD of the market. Being down 2% when everybody else is down more like 10-30% is MAJOR.

All the stuff we've just seen is all HUGE in it's connotations. Apple is taking an agressive posture against M$. We even got browser capability out of Sherlock and filesharing on iChat for Gods' sakes!

We all knew already that powermacs will be cycling NEXT month after august 12th so QUIT COMPLAINING.

IF YOU STILL HAVE A BITCH IT'S YOUR OWN DAMN FAULT. IF YOU'VE BEEN HOLDING OFF ON REPLACING YOUR 604 MACHINE UNTIL G5 YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE AND BUY A NEW MACHINE OR SHUT UP ALREADY.

4. King Cobra macrumors 603

>IF YOU STILL HAVE A BITCH IT'S YOUR OWN DAMN FAULT.
    I thought a female dog was a family pet! :eek: :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D :D

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I mentioned several times that I'm dissapointed. I realize that the software we've been shown today has huge potential, but its a less tangible item than getting a new pro machine. Its one of Apple's drawbacks and strengths that they make machines and software - both shouldn't hold the spotlight at the same time. We've seen the possible future with the XServe - lets see some more:mad:

But damn, we've been waiting years for a CPU (single one) that can hold its own against the Wintel world. In my opinion, even with the digital lifestyle exposion - that I see changing the way computers get used (which is very cool and Apple is on the money here)- it might have been the wrong time to roll it all out. But again, it might have all been out of Apple's control. So we'll continue to wait a little longer.

As far as I'm concerned, bitch all you want, it won't make a difference anyway. I look forward to buying a new machine next year anyway. Hopefully by then we'll have something revolutionary in the hardware department.

D

6. iGav macrumors G3

You could see the bitching coming up like a freight train 2 months ago....... :rolleyes:

Some of the stuff that Apple released and previewed today was pretty amazing...... of course some people were miffed about no new PowerMacs......but hey... they'll be here next month....... in otherwords... something to look forward too...... :)

7. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

Re:

YES!

I don't see anything to be upset about. new toys, new iMac, new software, early ship date of X.2... what more do you need?

Some Mac heads feel they have a personal relationship to Jobs. But the truth is, he runs a billon doller company and has enversters to answer too (including me). Apple can't put out the 10gHz G8 just to make a few MacHeads feel good.

Considering that the economy is down, computer sales are down, Apple' sales are down, Apples earnings are down, and Apple's stock is down... I would say I was expecting a lot less.

Im with eyelikeart, get real people!

-evildead

8. King Cobra macrumors 603

>...Apple's stock is down...
    So are about everyone else's. I noticed that in a few weeks the DJIA dropped from 5 digits to a mere 8500 or so. That's kind of scary, when you think about it. :( :eek:

Hey, mischief, I'm also doing a repeat! :D

For all you whiny bastards complaining about no PowerMacs, take a blue pepsi and calm the f*ck down. Do you really expect Apple to have updates after a certain amount of months? Look back to the Macs released after the San Fransisco Expo. Were you guys THAT disappointed? No. You were all happy. So what makes you think Apple won't do it again...make you happy?

So, plain and simple, if you are patient, you will be rewarded. If you are not patient and are not rewarded you are screwing yourself right to the :eek:. Apple knows EXACTLY what they are doing with these Expos. If they didn't, then why would there even be one? Apple has their PowerMacs just about ready for a few weeks time, but other buisness has to be pertained to first. That buisness is what you just saw at the NY Expo.

Again, you cannot keep expecting a new PowerMac to come out at an Expo. But you can expect a very satisfying update. Expect the best in the PowerMac falling under reason, and you most likely will get it. But these things do in fact happen at appropriate moments. I say this because there was plenty of other stuff at NY you could have seen, especially the iMac.

So don't expect everything to go your way, but expect everything to go the right way. As Apple's logo even states: "Think different." :cool:

9. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Re: Re: Once again...U guys bitch way too much!!!

Here's some research for you:

http://www.mac.com/1/mac_faq.html

I especially like these two lines:

10. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

it will be interesting to see if they allow anyone to pick up the account names that get deleted or if they save them, just in case iTools people come back later in the year or next.

11. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Apple came out with some great stuff this MWNY, no doubt.

But I have no choice but to bitch about the PowerMacs, as I've been bitching for quite a while about! Apple's doing great things for the consumer, and I'm all for that! But as for the pro end... well... they've definitely let things languish for a bit too long in my opinion.

As for .MAC, I have mixed feelings. While I think the services are indeed useful, I think lumping all the previous iTools freebies in with a new pay service is not very cool at all. I thought megabytes were getting LESS expensive, not more? I would think that 10MB for someone's (a.k.a. my) lousy vacation pictures is a drop in the bucket to them.

12. awrc macrumors regular

I have to say that most of the bitching I've seen hasn't been about some pre-MacWorld fantasy or other failing to come true. I've seen a lot more people up in arms about completely unrumored nasty surprises springing up out of nowhere, like the "all or nothing" approach to .Mac and the Jaguar upgrade non-path, things that I can understand people being angry about a lot more easily than the lack of quad-processor G5 announcements :D

13. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

I think there are some legitimate concerns about the actions Apple took.

I'm not too worried about hardware as new models will probably come out in the next month or two.

What I am concerned about is the effect that the pay-for-e-mail policy will have on Apple and its customers. The FAQ on .Mac clearly states that those who do not upgrade will have their files and e-mail deleted. To me this implies that you must be a paying customer to have an e-mail account at mac.com. This is bad news for a great many people.

I hope your right. I hope that Apple is just seeing how this goes over and that they will eventually provide a lite version of .mac with just e-mail. But as of right now, its pay or get nothing.

I think thats a big mistake.

Taft

14. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Apple had a couple of CPUs which were really great: PowerPC 601 and PowerPC 604e. Unfortunately, the operating system was not quite competition for anything (but the processor :mad: ).

BeOS showed how quickly a new operating system (with no applications) would run on the 604e (or the 603) and it was amazing.

If NeXTStep had been running on Apple equipment then...