Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
I just received the Logitech MX900 BT mouse - fantastic little guy!

Anyway, I use it with my Powerbook right now. If (when!) I get a G5, is there a way that I could use the mouse for both - as in "switch" it between the PB and PM without putting one to sleep?

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
I think you could do it by simply pairing it with the machine you wanted to use it with. That would wipe out the previous pairing. If you mean simply hit a switch or something then nope. You can only have it paired with one machine at once so the whole sleep thing is kind of unimportant.

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
If you've already gotten the mouse to work on the PB, you've already paired it once. Pairing just means setting it up to install. Your PM should recognize it automatically I think when it becomes unpaired. Click the BT menu extra and click on Bluetooth settings. There click on devices. You shouls see a "delete pairing" and a "Pair New Device"

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Do whatever you did to pair it the first time, but on the other machine! Sorry to not be very specific but I'm on my work PC now and don't have access to a Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.