one button or two?? macbook??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by deanops, Mar 23, 2007.

1. deanops macrumors regular

hi all,
    just a quick question... are the macbooks 1 button mice (the trackpad) or two?? i'm asking this mainly b/c i'm a windows user and may put it on in boot camp... if not can i get a mighty mouse and use both buttons

2. dartzorichalcos macrumors 65816

dartzorichalcos

3. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

1 Button.
    But you hold [ctrl] + [click] to right click. It only takes a while to get used to.
    If you MUST have another mouse, I would try out the mighty mouse before buying, some people love them, but some people hate them. Personally I use a Logitech. More comfortable.

4. deanops thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the quick responces... i love the mightee mouse... i would consider buying one at time of purchase for home use

5. dougnewman macrumors 6502

In Mac OS, if you click with two fingers instead of one, it will construe that as a right-click/ctrl+click.

I have no experience with Windows on the Mac but perhaps it works in Windows too? I'm sure someone must know...

6. ebouwman macrumors 6502a

its not set to do that by default though

7. dnordstrom macrumors member

dnordstrom

I have a small application in my startup items in Windows that lets me control-click to access the right-click menu. Can't remember it's name though but Google never forgets.

8. RaMaz09 macrumors newbie

RaMaz09

plz find that link or find out that name, Google ain't finding good searches rite now, and i really want that :eek:

9. deanops thread starter macrumors regular

your a gun - so long as i can set that in osx thats good enough for me - too easy!

thanks everyone - stuff windows!!!!

10. hal0n macrumors regular

11. Luigi239 macrumors 6502a

On the Macbook with Bootcamp, you can put two fingers on the trackpad and click for a right click.

12. snowmoon macrumors 6502a

snowmoon

Between click to tap and two fingered tap I almost never actually use the button. On my last laptop I had a trackpad with a scroll area, but with two finger scrolling it's even better since vertical and horizontal "Just works"

13. TMNT macrumors newbie

TMNT

I use Parallels and the two-finger trackpad click as well as the two-finger scroll both work quite well in Windows.

14. dougnewman macrumors 6502

I don't have two-fingered clicking (yet - should have it by next week on a new MacBook :D ) but I love the two fingered scrolling. Aside from OS X itself it is my favorite thing about using a Mac!