Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexstein

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2004
I took this straight from the cars.com site.

cars add said:
Additional Selling Points: OK, my name is Deitrich and I have a, well, pre-owned and slightly busted-up Enzo for sale. I got most of the parts back from PCH but couldn't get them all as I, well, had to leave the scene of the accident rather quickly. Alles, das ich sagen kann, ist, unglaublich!

That is some funny stuff.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
eh its just an enzo... as one of the earlier posters said, i rather get a bucatti or an aston martin......
Their seems to be too many Ferraris out their.... Every rapper and their mother has one..... time for a change

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
3rdpath said:
ha!

the enzo sale is too funny....you do get that its a joke....right?

It's pretty obvious since it involves an imaginary person! :) :eek: :rolleyes:

Depending on the condition of the tub, there is a very remote chance the car could theoretically be rebuilt (I highly doubt it), but

- it would cost as much as it did to build the car in the first place, maybe more.

- the car has not been legally imported, so it is contraband and will probably be retained as evidence.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
puckhead193 said:
eh its just an enzo... as one of the earlier posters said, i rather get a bucatti or an aston martin...
So go for the Veyron, which still isn't finished yet, and suffer from instability at high speeds (bad! :eek: ) or go for something slower and even less exclusive (since it seems you care about exclusivity)

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Lord Blackadder said:
I wonder what the future of the FXX is. Ferrari specifically stated that the car (or more appropriately, the "program") was supposed to aid in the devlopment of future products. The "owners" don't take delivery of the FXX, in fact I wonder if they really own the car at all. I can't see Ferrari just destroying them when the program ends...but like you said they are one of THE rarest (quasi)production Ferraris ever, and the fastest too. But with them not being road-legal that puts them in a sort of limbo.

According to Wiki, the FXX was EPA certified for street use... which is interesting. In which case I presume once the program is ended the cars will be delivered to their owners.

Little work would be required I suspect to attain single-type approval though if you did want to drive it on the road (probably not the U.S.), and maybe that's what Ferrari was initially trying to stop.

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
Saw this....well it had to happen....people crashed the McLaren F1 and people will crash their Bugattis and Koenigseggs ;)

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
iGav said:
According to Wiki, the FXX was EPA certified for street use... which is interesting. In which case I presume once the program is ended the cars will be delivered to their owners.

hmmmm....sounds possible then. I figured the buyers would probably get to keep the car but this is the first time I've seen evidence that it will be road-legal like its brother the Enzo.

iGav said:
Little work would be required I suspect to attain single-type approval though if you did want to drive it on the road (probably not the U.S.), and maybe that's what Ferrari was initially trying to stop.

I know that here in the U.S. you can get a single car approved as a relic or significant historic auto and be allowed to drive it on the road for a small number of mile per year. The FXX would certianly qualify - one of those few cars that was a super-rare classic the moment it was born.

3rdpath

macrumors 68000
Original poster
the plot thickens...

According to the latest news, the wrecked enzo was one of 2 that ericksson brought into the states...along with an SLR. The enzo was not u.s. legal or registered and might be owned by a Scottish bank.

Also, ericksson's SLR was reported stolen to Scotland Yard...which is interesting since initial eyewitness accounts stated that the enzo was racing an SLR when it crashed.

Furthermore, a gun magazine was found among the wreckage scattered along the PCH.

And the authorities are now stating that someone may have been in the enzo with ericksson( though they still think he was driving).

Oh, and he was going 162mph...

I love a good mystery.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Looks like this guy is royally screwed...he'll lose the cars anyway.

Who ever heard of the swedish mafia? :confused: Didn't know there was one.

alexstein

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2004
This thing is getting more and more interesting. Can't wait to see what is going to happen to that guy. ....how stupid can you really be....

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
3rdpath said:
According to the latest news, the wrecked enzo was one of 2 that ericksson brought into the states...along with an SLR. The enzo was not u.s. legal or registered and might be owned by a Scottish bank.

Also, ericksson's SLR was reported stolen to Scotland Yard...which is interesting since initial eyewitness accounts stated that the enzo was racing an SLR when it crashed.

Furthermore, a gun magazine was found among the wreckage scattered along the PCH.

And the authorities are now stating that someone may have been in the enzo with ericksson( though they still think he was driving).

I love a good mystery.
Maybe the Enzo was only brought to the US as a work of static art, I can't imagine there'd be a law against that, and Ericksson saw his stolen SLR shoot past, he jumps in the Enzo 'cause nothing else is going to catch the SLR and hammers down the road after his SLR while gaining on the SLR at 162mph he takes his hand from the wheel to call the Police and looses control. A tragic accident but he was only doing his civic duty. Are you sure it was a gun magazine? I heard it was a copy of Playboy, which explains why he lost control when using one hand to phone the cops as his other hand was....busy.:eek:

alexstein

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2004
mpw said:
Maybe the Enzo was only brought to the US as a work of static art, I can't imagine there'd be a law against that, and Ericksson saw his stolen SLR shoot past, he jumps in the Enzo 'cause nothing else is going to catch the SLR and hammers down the road after his SLR while gaining on the SLR at 162mph he takes his hand from the wheel to call the Police and looses control. A tragic accident but he was only doing his civic duty. Are you sure it was a gun magazine? I heard it was a copy of Playboy, which explains why he lost control when using one hand to phone the cops as his other hand was....busy.:eek:

If it was a gun magazin the story would sound better this way:

..he takes his hand of the wheel to reach for his 9mm Glock that was stored in the glove compartment. He lost complete control over the car.....

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Well, it's hardly illegal to have gun magazine in one's car...unless of course you are referring to a magazine that feeds ammunition rather than reading material? Sounds like he and some "associates" had a few drinks and decided to race the Enzo vs the SLR.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
LOL, where did you get that from? A revolver has a cylinder, not a magazine. That line sounds like something a rabid anti-gun webiste would put out.

Not trying to be a jerk btw, just thought that was funny. :)

Obviously this guy's ties to organized crime are going to be a big issue in the inevitable legal proceedings.

timswim78

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2006
Baltimore, MD
clayj said:
There is no escape. They'll have the VIN number already and be paying a visit to this guy's house... so now he can add a charge of leaving the scene of an accident (in which another person was injured, lest we forget) to his resumé.

Hope he does some jail time for this.

Perhaps the vehicle was stolen.

krimson

macrumors 65816
3rdpath said:

I love a good mystery.

I saw a report that the Glock magazine was put into a witnesses car by an associate of the Swede when he borrowed that persons phone. The associate "Trevor" is now being sought for questioning (15 rd mags are illegal in CA except to LE and those grandfathered) by Sheriffs officials.

another update, so Ferrari spokespeople say that the Enzo can be repaired to original specs... for a mere $150-200k...

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
krimson said:
another update, so Ferrari spokespeople say that the Enzo can be repaired to original specs... for a mere $150-200k...

I don't believe it...link? It would probably cost that much or more just to rebuild the engine, assuming that is even possible (I doubt it).

3rdpath

macrumors 68000
Original poster
i'd like to see this...

l.a. times reports that they believe a video was being shot from inside the enzo during the high speed romp and crash. now thats gotta be some serious footage...heck, just the audio alone has got to be astounding.

also, the times has posted a computer recreation of the crash.

link-o-rama

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Did anybody see the story on CNN about this?

The guy has a really shady past and claims some German guy, who fled the scene was actually driving and they are doing DNA tests on the blood in the car. He also stated he was with homeland security, which turned out to be bogus, and he was also drunk.

I didn't read the whole thread, so forgive me if this has been said.

It's on the front page.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
3rdpath said:
also, the times has posted a computer recreation of the crash.

link-o-rama
I couldn't get the video to work, it kept giving me the troubleshooting page. Also, from the article
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's investigation into a mysterious crash that destroyed a rare $1-million Ferrari
I don't think Ferrari has ever sold a $1m road car. I know they sell some of their older F1 cars for $1m+ (some guy bought a F2001 a year or two ago, and Evo (car magazine) got to go along for the test.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.