One more day to MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by generik, Sep 11, 2006.

1. generik macrumors 601

generik

2. iGary Guest

iGary

3. vega07 macrumors 65816

4. bluetorch18 macrumors regular

5. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

never. New MacBook Pro's tuesday.

If not then next tuesday.

or the tuesday after that

Or the tuesday after that

Or...

6. ColdFlame87 macrumors regular

I REALLY hope they release it tomorrow, im so tired of waiting fora new release and i want to take advantage of the back to school ipod deal which ends september 15, anyhow im not waiting past tomorrow :mad:

7. vega07 macrumors 65816

sorry coldflame87 but I don't think the new notebooks will be eligible for the ipod promotion.

yeah, it sucks.

8. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I think there will be some very upset people if its not released tomorrow! *Watches as people go and knock down Steve Jobs' door"

9. generik thread starter macrumors 601

generik

I am sure Steve has some very fine dogs :D

10. kjr39 macrumors 6502

And here I thought it was the G5 PB that was supposed to be released this Tuesday.

11. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

haha, i agree.

Personally, i don't think it's going to be released, but that's just me. and there ARE going to be some very mad people.

I know how you feel....

I almost want it to be released so we don't have to hear all these people complain about it anymore.

12. Clydefrog macrumors 6502a

Clydefrog

make it stop!!!!!!!!

13. Unorthodox macrumors 65816

Unorthodox

Don't get your hopes up....
    Someone already started a "The Official Santa Rosa waiting thread!"

I'm not buying a MBP unless it has a built in cup-holder!

Oh, wait.
    The OP of this thread was the OP of the "The Official Santa Rosa waiting thread!" as well.
    Someone is getin' ants in their pants.

14. mmmcheese macrumors 6502a

mmmcheese

I hope that Apple completely skips Merom for the MB and MBP and waits until whatever is coming next....that way, it'll be complete torture for all the people waiting...all the while, I'll be enjoying my MBP.

Yeah, I'm a bastard.

15. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Apple could very well be waiting to replace both the mainboard and the processor at the same time, which would mean that these people have quite a wait on their hands. Think Revision B with a 64 bit processor and a mainboard that was made especially for it and not retrofitted to support it. Apple hasnt always been about first to market, they have been more of a mark of quality and engineering, or did we forget that when they changed over to Intel?

Suckers.. heh, i bet Steve is sitting in a bean bag chair laughing at you all :p

16. briantology macrumors 6502

I'm very glad I'm not you right now. Because if they don't come tomorrow, I would be hating that feeling of WTH do I do now? I personally hope we get a splendid surprise tomorrow...

17. mmmcheese macrumors 6502a

mmmcheese

Well, the Steve has been known to be spiteful. ;)

A Merom "upgrade" at the same clock speed isn't really that big of a deal...same thermal characteristics, but you get about 10-15% improvements in real-world applications...that's nothing to write home about. That's like going from the 2.0GHz to the 2.16GHz....10% is the minimum speed increase before people can even tell the difference in speed...so most people won't notice the difference at all.

Is it really worth it for Apple to release the Merom? Not really, the Yonah is doing just fine. Once the 2.33GHz+ processors come out, then there is a marketing reason to do an upgrading.

I think once there are large quantities of 2.33GHz available, and the price of faster RAM comes down in price, then we'll see a chipset/RAM/processor/mainboard upgrade....so revision B MBPs...and people saying they will wait for the next revision.

18. generik thread starter macrumors 601

generik

I am actually secretly hoping that the MBs become the redheaded stepchild for a while.. that way I will get to see if the MBP upgrade will be worth it without too much of a resale loss :cool:

19. ZoomZoomZoom macrumors 6502a

ZoomZoomZoom

No way. MBPs, for their slim form factor, are among of the flagship laptops of the entire laptop industry, and they're priced accordingly. There are marketing reasons to go Core 2 Duo - the most of which is because everyone else is going C2D. When purchasing a $2500 laptop, the customer isn't going to be retarded - there's going to be some research, and potential switchers aren't going to be happy seeing a Core Duo in a top-of-the-line laptop when a better/potentially cooler-running chip has been available for weeks.

20. Matiandos macrumors newbie

Oh I can't wait... Please steve please. This has gone for far too long, the Merom-faithfull are gettin weary of waiting.

21. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i'm not in the market to buy a new MBP, but i'd still like to see Apple release a new one tomorrow

22. generik thread starter macrumors 601

generik

Let's turn in earlier tonight so tomorrow will come sooner :)

23. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

I hear that.
    *brushes teeth*
    Good night!

24. generik thread starter macrumors 601

generik

Night!

What time will the keynote be tomorrow?

25. Foggy macrumors 6502a

Cant see it happening with all the other stuff going on today - shame though.