One more thing...ACD w/iSight built in?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by 4God, Oct 13, 2005.

1. 4God macrumors 68020

4God

Just thinking, maybe there's an update coming for the Apple Cinema Displays that would include a built in iSight. Anyone with any thoughts?

2. 4God thread starter macrumors 68020

4God

How 'bout Photo Booth sold separately for iSight? :confused:

3. Brundlefly macrumors member

Brundlefly

I dunno it's weird.

I can't imagine they would completely remove the isight as a point of sale. I did note that they said that the isight built into the new imac is much better quality. Which, as an isight owner, kinda p*ssed me off.

I would like to know if the photo booth software is a imac only app too, I mean it is a isight tool. I have an isight, no?

4. iEdd macrumors 68000

iEdd

I had this thought, I posted it in another thread.. Makes sense to me.. Maybe a remote too.
    (Just more things that can break :p)

5. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Darn, I want to BUY an iSight for my iBook, but I don't know if I should. I heard the one in the iMac is much better quality, too, which means they might update the regular iSight to this new one? I hope so!

6. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Did you really reply to your own post...? :confused:

7. Brundlefly macrumors member

Brundlefly

he did

8. Brundlefly macrumors member

Brundlefly

and so did I.

9. tom_s macrumors member

Yes, it would be nice if apple made the new remote work with [the new] ADCs, too. This way, it could be used with both the Mac mini and the PMs (and including an ir receiver in the PM itself makes no sense - when it sits under the desk or in a rack, the remote wouldn't reach it).

10. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

I can't believe how many people are taken by this cheap and corny Photo Booth app.
    This is something you may use 2 or 3 times and the novelty ends :rolleyes:
    Every cheap digicam and camcorder got most of this mess build in.

Anyway just my 2 cents worth.

11. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

I think that is a great idea except for the fact that the isight looks so cool on top of the monitor and when its built in you can't move it around....

12. p0intblank macrumors 68030

That's the only complaint I would have: not being able to move it around. I already have an iSight, but I would also love to have an ACD with one built-in. Why have one when you can have two? :D

13. EJBasile macrumors 65816

EJBasile

I like the iSights ontop of the LCDs. Perhaps a FW port ontop of the LCD so that there isn't an unsightly wire coming down from the iSight.

14. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

but maybe it can be like a freebie they throw in with the new iLife? :)

15. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Now you are thinking. ;) :)

16. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

I think a new version of isight is coming soon. This will have probably have twice the resolution of the current version. And will be motion sensitive, thus following you when you move. This version won't be build in, and the "pro" displays won't get this built in.

17. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

god damn

18. chucknorris macrumors 6502a

chucknorris

Based on the fact that the iSight in the iMac is of much better quality than the current stand-alone ones and the fact that next weeks event is directly before that photo conference, I don't think it's too unreasonable to expect an updated iSight next week.

Perhaps a complete overhaul?

19. Epicurus macrumors 6502

Epicurus

I said something like this in another thread (forget where at the moment), but the logic was similar. By putting the iSight into the iMac line, Apple is pushing the iSight into a far larger percentage of their user base. By doing so they are opening the way for new iSight apps (like Photo Booth) and adding a little pressure to those who haven't gone to a high-speed internet connection (it is the only way to use the high end iChat AV features). Adding a little to the high-speed internet aids in the spread of iPod video downloads, which also need a good internet connection. The newly expanded HD movie trailer gallery with its 100MB+ files also adds pressure.

Anyway, to aid in the spread of iSight, they need to get it into the Pro desktops as well, and the only way to guarantee that is to build it into the Apple Displays. For some who have multiple displays, though, having 2-3 iSight cameras aimed randomly around the room may not be a great idea. Therefore I predict that the new Displays will have a lens cover (something sorely lacking on the iMac). So they don't leave the portables behind, a new, smaller iSight camera will have to be released too. Hopefully the camera will have a higher resolution, better color reproduction, and faster capture rate. Being able to better sit at the top of my PowerBook's screen would also be nice. the current model is a little bulky in that respect.

On another note, although it is highly unlikely, I'd really like to see a 17" Apple Cinema Display (w/ or w/out iSight). I can dream...