one more thing sj: eventually give us a $1,999 tibook

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jefhatfield, Jul 14, 2002.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

in the same vein as a $999 ibook (see other thread), why not a basic $1,999 usd tibook

as for the stats, i can't really say, but the pc side has some tasty laptops for under two grand these days running pentium 4s with ddr ram or amd athlon xp's

i will admit that is five hundred less than the best offering while a $999 ibook would only be two hundred dollars less...so a sub-two grand tibook is asking a lot

so why not by next christmas, 2003?

any thoughts?

2. billiam0878 macrumors 6502

Completely agree. If Apple does in fact update the PowerBooks to 1GHz in the fall, why couldn't they keep the 800MHz model as the base, with a 933MHz & 1GHz as the higher models. If the bundled the 800 with a 20GB hard disk and 256MB RAM I don't see why they couldn't sell if for under a couple grand. Furthermore, Apple could keep the $2499 price for a 933MHz model with a 40GB hard drive and 512MB RAM, and they could sell a maxed GHz TiBook with 60GB HD, 64MB graphics & 1.0GB RAM for $3499. It could be done and I bet they'd sell a boat load :)

Bill

3. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

that would be a great idea...and if apple could not do it with the 800, then let them do it with the tibook 667...any tibook under 2 thousand would sell to pros on a budget

what is amazing is how the large cinema screen came way down in price from 4 grand to 3 grand in one fell swoop

4. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

If the past is any gauge, Apple will NOT have three TiBook speeds out at a single time. The typical speed difference between the models is anywhere from 100MHz to 133MHz. Just look at the rev. a, b, and c models.

There could be an 800MHz and 933MHz models, or 867MHz and 1GHz.

5. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

do you think apple could go below $1999 this year on any tibook...even if it's a closeout?

off topic btw...the laguna seca rocket bike races were on this weekend in my neck of the woods...many very fast bikes and i saw some great machines but i would never buy something so dangerous

...but they were nice to look at...30k+ bikes that you can't find in the dealerships and many machines one of a kind or custom made for ultra rich racers or yuppies

but these dudes were tailgating me everywhere including the parking lot...too much sperm in the scrotum area...somebody better show these guys some relief and give them tossing lessons:p

6. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Well, jef, if you didn't drive like a 90+ year old woman, they wouldn't have been tailgating your ass... :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

I really don't see Apple putting a sub $2000 TiBook at this point. Considering how they currently offer the two models at $2500 and $3200 (retail).

You MIGHT be able to find the current 667MHz model on clear-out for close to the $2000 mark when the next set of speeds gets announced. Just don't count on it happening, especially from Apple.

7. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

but how fast could i drive with a decent hand job being applied to me while i drive highway 1 or 101?:D

betcha can't do that on a motorcycle:eek: :eek:

8. job macrumors 68040

job

I think Alpha could find a way. :D :D

9. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

alpha, the KY cruiser!!!!!!!!!

ok, that stuff is expensive, but vaseline keeps its "properties" even during "windy" rides...ha ha:p

10. job macrumors 68040

job

I wonder how that stuff would work with all that leather. :D :D

11. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

All I need is a good woman on the Harley with me and it's a done deal... :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

12. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

who the heck cares what the leather can do...the vaseline works under the leather to one's gentle tissues:D :D

13. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

I don't have leather pants, but it can be a bit tricky with the jeans... :D That's why it takes a good woman. ;) It also helps if she doesn't need to look, so that we can keep riding. I might have to get a 'sissy bar' if she wants to do that too often, so that she can benefit from the Milwaukee vibrator. :eek: :eek: :D

14. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

in your ass or hers!

a good fast setting can make one call out to the ancient, long gone gods:D

15. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Yours, you freak... Besides, my seat is lower then hers, with a backrest section to prevent her from making such moves... HD designed the saddle that way. :p :D

16. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

you should try it...not perverted or gay or anything like that

have an open mind, buddy, and she can take you to the moon

ok, i admit, i used to read xavier hollander's great articles in penthouse and i learned a lot...this was all before i went to microsoft school and became a certified technician

17. menoinjun macrumors 6502a

menoinjun

18. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Jef, you really ARE a freak... My ass is one of the portals in my being that are outgoing traffic only zones. Things go out, but nothing goes in... ever. :p

19. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

better than a successful recovery of a 4000 series cisco router or a bug fix on a windows 2000 network is a nice sleep inducing orgasm

happy techs make good techs!

now better than the wicky wicky is the perfect 1/3 pound cheeseburger for lunch

getting giddy with 1,000 calories of beef fat is a way to make us compute into the the wee hours of the morning!

:p

20. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

YES, i am a freak...i am a techie working toward my master's in computer related studies

i am going to damn myself here, but i got off big time when the g3 ibook processor got full speed level two cache of 512 k

i would seriously think a g4 ibook would be more sexy than pamela anderson

yes, i am a geek...690 math on SAT...what else do you expect...he he

21. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

truth be told, being almost 40 there is nothing to hide, there was this one woman doctor, fine, very fine, and she had to to one of those routine anal probes

man, i almost passed out

and then she told my girlfriend i was "very cute"

too much

22. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Aye, way too much info there jeffer... :eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

23. job macrumors 68040

job

Indeed, that was more than I needed to know. :rolleyes: :D

24. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Hey hitman... are you a tit-man or an ass-man??? :eek: :eek: Of course, I AM referring to the female body parts you like the most... I wouldn't be that perverted to say otherwise (at least not this early in the day).

25. job macrumors 68040

job

Hmm, very good question. I'm probably more of an "ass-man" than a "tit-man." I could not stand it if they had layers of flab all over the place.

And you would be.....?:D