Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xappeal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
Brisbane - Australia
I understand that the launch of the movie store today will probably rule this idea out, but should we expect a "One more thing..." event or not?

My call is that we will see a "One more thing..." event (as we did last year) where a full screen video iPod would be launched. Before I get shot down, consider the following;

The Apple has dropped several ipod price points from their top end. Last time this was the case we saw the iPod photo introduced. Apple have had iPods at this higher price point for the last few years, it seems logical to fill them again.

The movie store has been launched with only Disney movies, if it works like TV did we will see more studios come online fast. This means lots of titles on launch of the video iPod. Therefore launching the movie store before the full screen iPod is availible could be strategic.

Rumors of a iPhone persist, this would be a perfect partner to introduce right before Christmas along with the new video iPod.

Plus you have the zune launch..... what a way to upstage them by launching the video iPod the Tuesday after....

I'm not sure, but it feels like this year is not over yet. My tip, "One more thing...." event 24th or 31st of October.

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
i think that Apple will release some products (maybe true 6G?) in time for the holiday season..

late october as you say..

they would have to, otherwise they will most likely miss out with only announcing what they did yesterday.

j26

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2005
Paddyland
Paris isn't over yet. Lord knows what might even come out in the next couple of days. There could be "several more things". Apple don't need a Keynote to do things now, there have been several silent updates in the last while.

I think you're right, video iPods in time for Christmas, with a library of several hundred movies to choose from. If they wanted to get people hooked on buying movies, they could include a voucher for 1 movie, to get people into the idea of it.

xappeal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
Brisbane - Australia
I really think that this was the only Paris announcement.

Do you really think that they would announce a full screen iPod without a media event??

I just don't see that happening, never know though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.