One of the best apple ads ever made!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by theipodgod16, Oct 26, 2003.

1. macrumors 6502

2. macrumors 65816

snickelfritz

Thanks for the link!
    I agree, that was a very good ad.

3. macrumors 6502

I think Apple still has, and has always had, the same company.

4. macrumors 65816

gotohamish

They currently use TBWA Chiat\Day in LA. They made the '1984' Ridley Scott Mac ad. I believe they were re-hired for Think Different and have been used ever since.

However I think they may have used a different company in-between, though I could be incorrect on this.

5. macrumors newbie

That is an outstanding spot. And Chiat/day is the agency working with apple now, and has for quite a while. I'm not sure if this spot is theirs.

However the problem is, individual pieces (and campaigns in general) are created by individuals or teams at an ad agency. there is ALOT of movement of individuals between ad agencies. so just because they have used the same agency for quite a while, doesnt mean the same creatives are working on an account. And it is after all, the people, not the name of the agency that dictates the work being done and hte quality thereof.

If I were the art director( creative director or whoever came up with "think different") I would have taken the tremendous clout and notariety of such a campaing and opened my own agency.

6. macrumors 6502a

Wow that is pretty good. All of Apple's ads have been simple and impactful. Truly Apple.

7. macrumors 6502a

Schiffi

8. macrumors 68040

Macmaniac